Thimbleweed Park Italian fan dub Project - Official Thread(TM)

Absolutly, and it indeed seems to me like I´ve always perceived that you guys speak long sentences really fast.

Fun fact for the very last sentence I was making “the hand gesture” when speaking it.

3 Likes

@milanfahrnholz

I think this deserves a whole new avatar.

20171220_150319

Meta…

1 Like

Perfect. Now just take away that indian chief, and put on that one.

1 Like

The hand is nicely posed, but what makes the difference between Italians and others is the movement. Usually non-Italians have an… accent :laughing: that makes it clear they’re just imitating the gesture and they’re not… mother-hand.

1 Like

Why would an indian chief listen to a balloon?

What-eh do you mean-ah?

1 Like

What balloon?

I…I think I´m on drugs…

Helium?

Cerimonial pipe, more likely.

Both is true in fact!

Ok, it’s time for some updates about the project…

Not earlier than one month ago, I wrote this in a private message for the dubbing team:

Today, february th 18th, was the deadline for submitting casting auditions, and I can proudly say that, by now, EVERY character with 9 or more lines has AT LEAST one acceptable candidate.

That means we still have to cover only 6 characters (including the three devs), who don’t have more than 7 lines each. So, that shouldn’t be a problem at all.

We’ve casted a lot of amateur actors, some of them are really clever. We are still discussing the final assignation for some characters, but the majority is final, and the biggest part of the casting job is done.
Some of the actors have started recording, and we have even a few characters who have ONE FULL RECORDING completed.

The community is playing a major role in this project: thanks to the forum we met, we got in touch with the devs, and discussed how to proceed.

I’m happy to report that some of the forum users were chosen for some parts, including me, @Guga, @ZakPhoenixMcKracken, @milanfahrnholz, @AndreKraemer, @seguso.

Some other candidates read about the project on the forum, but being not active users; some others discovered the project because it was mentioned on other websites. Some others were amateur actors we managed to contact through friends, who weren’t necessarily adventure games fans.

There’s another one important forum user, though, who have done a lot for this project but had to give up his Ransome part because of lack of time.
@Gffp, we still have the minor parts. If you have the time to record up to 7 lines, we’ll be happy and honoured to have your great voice in the project!

8 Likes

I will attempt to make my parts better in the comming days. But don´t expect flawless italian from me, being japanese and all.

1 Like

You probably meant “being japanese and ogre”…

:japanese_ogre:

1 Like

That’s right.

I feel a bit racist now… :fearful:

5 Likes

Oh pals, thank you very much for these words!

Yes, worst times has passed, now I can record even more than seven lines!
So, I’m available for you for this project if you need some lines to be recorded, I think I can record quite easily up to two hundred lines. But do your choices for the sake of a good result! If you need me, I’m here for an audition . :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ahahahahaha!! :joy: Great recording!

1 Like