Under development adventure games that are worth a mention

I want it now!

New Trüberbrook trailer (I actually find the original Kickstarter trailer a bit more enticing).

1 Like

Spotted them on Kickstarter too:

Looks interesting. Developers are from China, so I’d hope some of that culture would show in the game, too, which would make it even more interesting.

1 Like

Indeed, but: “Similar to other side-scrollers, players can use a control pad or mouse & keyboard …”

I don’t like such controls in an adventure game.

1 Like

One Zero Three

The Procession to Calvary:

1 Like

We Happy Few just launched! I’ve had my eye on this since PAX (or one of those).

From their website:

We Happy Few is the tale of a plucky bunch of moderately terrible people trying to escape from a lifetime of cheerful denial. Set in a drug-fuelled, retrofuturistic city in an alternative 1960s England, you’ll have to blend in with its other inhabitants, who have their own set of not-so-normal rules.

Your character has to take ‘joy’ pills to blend in with the fake-happy society, and when you don’t, you see things for how they really are (see clip below).

I love the concept. The reviews aren’t outstanding, but I try not to pay too much attention to that these days.

Piñata teaser that first intrigued me (warning: it’s a bit grim!)

3 Likes

Mwahahaha! :grin:

2 Likes

That’s a nice one!
I’ve backed the game back then and still remember the original trailer: We Happy Few - Announcement Trailer
I also really like this one: We Happy Few - Gamescom 2015 Trailer

2 Likes

Yeah, I actually prefer those to the launch trailer which I don’t think tells you much.

I hadn’t realised it was coming out so soon. It was on early access but there were lots of bugs apparently.

Oh… It ain’t cheap!

Yeah, I just saw it´s about 70 bucks. That´s some triple A price money right there, who´s the publisher?

Gearbox Publishing?

I think I forget these games are in a different category to my usual lil cheap old-school ones.

1 Like

50 Euros on Gog at the moment:

Publisher is Gearbox.

2 Likes

The game has now a steam page (and a new trailer):

1 Like

They better improve the story and quality of pixel art this time…
4 Likes

Lamplight City will be released on 13.09.2018:

2 Likes

I might just fall in love with platformer games again…

2 Likes

Looks great!
It should be released on 30th and also comes to GOG:
https://www.gog.com/game/the_messenger

1 Like

1 Like

“The Gardens Between” is announced as an “adventure” but seems to have elements of a platformer:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/600990/The_Gardens_Between/

1 Like