Under development adventure games that are worth a mention

Aww, this game looks super cute!

1 Like

Jesse Makkonen (@jesse_makkonen) Tweeted:
DISTRAINT 2 - WIP
As if time had stopped, my heart was racing.
#gamedev #indiedev #screenshotsaturday #pixelart #lowres #horror #indiegamelover #GamersUnite https://t.co/rBitKKoIxJ https://twitter.com/jesse_makkonen/status/1014825699281076224?s=17

1 Like
3 Likes

That looks awesome, I’ve signed up for updates. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

looks incredible though setting it in the late 1940s? She said that but it doesn’t look anything like that period of time?

Odd. Chuck Berry who seems to be a character was big in the 1950s. She has a picture of Rebel Without A Cause on her bedroom wall also from 1955?

1 Like

…and look like, in my opinion.

Thank you for these infos, folks!

Wow, I realized that there were some interesting releases while I was away from here. Unforeseen Incidents is already out. I guess, I have to play it very soon!
By the way, on GOG it says that FoxTail is still in development. I know that you can play it already, but I prefer to play the final version. Does anyone know the release? The official site looks as if it was already done.

I’m still looking forward to Trüberbrook, VirtuaVerse and Lamplight City! And, let’s wait and see how other projects will evolve, such as Perfect Tides.

Call Of Cthulhu will finally come out for PC, XBOX1 and PS4 on October 30th!

2 Likes

It is. More details to be found in the forum.

2 Likes

Those two are the next ones I want to play, too. I was hoping Unforeseen Incidents might’ve been in the Steam sale or some other offer, but I’m thinking I’ll just bite the bullet and pay up. It does look really good and I’ve been following it for a while - same with Trüberbrook (which I’ve noticed is still not searchable without the umlaut - that’s quite detrimental I should think).

2 Likes

Yes, I’m surprised that they still haven’t optimized that in terms of the searchability.
Unforeseen Incidents may not be on a sale, but it costs as much as TWP has cost regularly. So, if it’s a good game, it might be a fair price, I guess. At least, it’s a good feeling to support the developers of an enjoyable game.

Yeah. I mentioned it on here before and they picked up on it, but maybe Steam couldn’t do anything.

Yes, good point. I think I’ll buy it soon (especially since Dark Train is a bit meh).

1 Like

“No Longer Home is an episodic magical realist point and click adventure game.”

1 Like

Judging from the changelog on GOG the engine sounds fairly stable but there are several chapters of story/gameplay not there yet.

4 Likes

I want it now!

New Trüberbrook trailer (I actually find the original Kickstarter trailer a bit more enticing).

1 Like

Spotted them on Kickstarter too:

Looks interesting. Developers are from China, so I’d hope some of that culture would show in the game, too, which would make it even more interesting.

1 Like

Indeed, but: “Similar to other side-scrollers, players can use a control pad or mouse & keyboard …”

I don’t like such controls in an adventure game.

1 Like

One Zero Three

The Procession to Calvary:

1 Like

We Happy Few just launched! I’ve had my eye on this since PAX (or one of those).

From their website:

We Happy Few is the tale of a plucky bunch of moderately terrible people trying to escape from a lifetime of cheerful denial. Set in a drug-fuelled, retrofuturistic city in an alternative 1960s England, you’ll have to blend in with its other inhabitants, who have their own set of not-so-normal rules.

Your character has to take ‘joy’ pills to blend in with the fake-happy society, and when you don’t, you see things for how they really are (see clip below).

I love the concept. The reviews aren’t outstanding, but I try not to pay too much attention to that these days.

Piñata teaser that first intrigued me (warning: it’s a bit grim!)

3 Likes