Under development adventure games that are worth a mention

I have been very torn about posting this under-development game because, while I think it will be the kind of spooky adventure game that I will immensely enjoy, I also am afraid that its release could happen after the heat death of the universe. But its graphic design is too inspiring to ignore it!

The game is developed by Jonathan Boakes, the developer of the “Lost Crown” series and the “Dark Fall” series.

Dark Fall - Storm Warning

Plot

You have inherited a classic Seaside Pier! Straight out of nowhere, a mysterious solicitor contacts you to tell you the good news, “…you are the last remaining relic of the Bazalgettes. The pier, both the building and contents are now yours. The key’s are enclosed”.

There’s only one catch…

The antique attraction closed down, for good, in March 1988. It’s a ruin! The old arcades, fairground and promenade are derelict; peeling fairground rides, rusting Victorian ironwork and malfunctioning arcade machines, and of course, the ghosts…

Screenshots

Links

Awesome content-rich (videos, documents, audio clips, etc.) fictional blog about the spooky events that lead to the game

Official website with more screenshots

2 Likes

Impressions on Neofeud?

there’s a 20% discount until semptember 26th.

advertised as “blade runner meets game of thrones”.

I know the game and I’ve read about it, but I don’t like the art style at all.

I have discovered this new under development comedy game…

Omnichronic

I love the writing style and its humor:

Short free online demo

The developer
is doing a bit of market research and he’s asking people:

1. if they would like to play this funny short alpha demo of the game (the above screenshot comes from it)

2. if they would play a game like this, giving a YES/NO answer in this form.

I think that giving him an answer and a few suggestions might be a quick way to help an indie developer. In any case, the demo of the game is really funny! (the writing style reminded me a bit of The Darkside Detective)

3 Likes

I thought that from that one screenshot :grin:

Done. And Done. That was fun! (sorry, unintentional rhyme). Great style and humor, I like the animations, like the deep breath he takes before whacking the emotionally compromised viking with a shovel.

1 Like

It’s the second best tool you can have in an adventure game! After a chainsaw of course.

3 Likes

My favorite part was the joke about a renowned game designer. :grin:

1 Like

This is the official trailer of CHUCHEL, the new game by Amanita Design discussed in a few posts above. :slight_smile:

It seems a game targeted also at very young players.

2 Likes

Hm… I’m a player, I’m young (at heart) and I’m very. Looks like I’m their target audience. :wink:

2 Likes

This is a new article about the upcoming game:

It seems more a collection of interactive comedy scenes than a classic adventure game with serious puzzles.

I am curious if it can be played by a five-year old . would definitely buy it in this case.

It seems a game perfect for both young kids and their parents. Playing it with children should be a great experience, especially on a touch device.

I loved Machinarium, found it thanks to this forum. I hope that a new game with the same characteristics will come out.

I was wondering about the same. From a quick look at their page yesterday I wasn’t sure.

I just noticed I had written “file-year old”, so how could you guys understand what I meant.

But wasn’t the other Amanita games also such a collection? I for myself like what I’ve seen. It seems to be really funny and somewhat similar to Gobliiins. I think I will buy. :slight_smile:

Wasn’t this Botanicula too?

Then I’m confident that you will like the other Amanita games too. :slight_smile: Have you played other games from them? For example Botanicula?

We consulted Madame Morena …

Interesting: "Chuchel is a Czech word for a “ball of hair and dust”"
The English equivalent seems to be dust bunny.

It depends on the game. Machinarium is a real puzzle-based adventure game. At least one puzzle is quite difficult and in no way suitable for children. The other Amanita games are more simpler in terms of puzzles and they focus mainly on exploration and “trying things” to see what happens. “Samorost 3” is a bit of a hybrid and Botanicula has a few small parts that are too complex for a child.

I like both kind of games and for sure I’ll buy CHUCHEL. I was just pointing out that it will probably not be a game for those who play adventure games mainly to solve logical puzzles.

Most of it, yes. But Botanicula has also environmental puzzles that require a kind of logic that a child might not possess, depending on his/her age. There are also small action parts that require a coordination that children probably don’t have.

It’s an very fitting name!

Uhm. Which one? I admit that sometimes I accessed the integrated hint book, which gave me an idea of what to do at certain points…