Under development adventure games that are worth a mention

No problem. Although they are adventures in a broad sense only.
Most people here probably prefer point’n’click style gameplay.

I do like those pixel graphics though, too bad there is so much fighting and roguelike stuff involved. I prefer more adventure and story than fighting, something like the old Zelda games for instance.

1 Like

I think the thing I like about the old Zelda games is that each enemy only takes a few hits and you don´t have to spend minutes on fighting every random encountered monster like in most RPGs. So combat really just happens on the fly and isn´t really the main focus.

1 Like

Yes, it’s more about puzzles and fighting is just something to keep you a little busy.
There is no grinding or unnecessary up-levelling involved.

1 Like

K got it!

Shakedown Hawaii:-

Katana Zero : -

This would be my choice as well.

The developer talks about the art style here, pretty cool:

1 Like

I saw this already… Can’t wait for it! :smile:

1 Like

A sequel to Distraint! I am so excited!
Distraint is a psychological horror game developed by Jesse Makkonen. The story is truly awesome!
It’s releasing on May 2018!
Gameplay Trailer :-

Screenshots:-

I know I’m the only one with that wish, but: Are there any adventure games in development without psychological mystic horror elements?

1 Like

Yeah. I’d kill for some classic humorous fantasy. Ah, wait … actually not.

Though I must say that I avoid games with themes or stories that do not interest me. Crime, horror, Sci-Fi to some extend (though there’s also good Sci-Fi) do not interest me. But I am also kind of fed up with the typical medieval fantasy stuff, especially if it’s full of cliché and bursting with lame jokes. I do like original settings, like TWP, and I’d prefer smaller, more personal stories instead of save-the-world epics.

But to each his own. So yay for zombies, horror and survival, which seem to be trendy these days.

3 Likes

Nope, not the only one. Horror games are not my cup of tea as well.

1 Like

I just stumbled over “Where the Water Tastes Like Wine”. (It seems that no one mentioned it in this forum already.)

According to a gaming site the musician Sting is involved in the development. Cite:

Gordon Matthew Thomas Sumner, better know by his stage name of Sting is starring is this new adventure game along side some great actors like: Dave Fennoy (The Walking Dead: A Telltale Games Series), Cissy Jones (Firewatch), Kimberly Brooks (Mass Effect) and many more.

Steam:

For CyberPunk Fans (With an awesome story) :-

3 Likes

trailer is certainly intriguing!

ps: no gog version, that’s a shame…

1 Like

Another one:-1:

The Playable Demo for the above game:-
https://gamejolt.com/games/the-long-reach-playable-teaser/110190

It feels like a lightweighted adventure, similar to the Darkside Detective.

• Okayish name.
  • Nice scenario.
  • Aiming for b-horror-sf content.
  • ‘I didn’t want to come.’
  • Some amusing comments.
  • No crashes.
  • For what is shown, it drains the battery too much. You could use the profiler and optimize towards the soul of the game.
  • Unsatisfying timing/interface/dialogue/controller and keyboard setup.
  • The scrolling and turns are too hard/simplistic.
  • Those large pixels (low production values) again.
  • Mature = pixel blood but (so far) the writing wasn’t this mature.
  • Without knowing my girlfriend, I can’t talk about her (this might be due to the demo).
  • Puzzles weren’t fun.

I’ve noticed this in the trailer but no idea if it may be annoying during playing the game.

The game can now be pre-ordered on GOG too: The Red Strings Club (planned release: 2018-01-22)