Was Boris killed by... (Spoilers)

I don’t think they do. Once the Vista is opened and you can travel freely, the Sheriff nor Coroner are in their offices. Also, those two are never in their offices simultaneously.

dZ.

Also when you wake the Coroner on the slab, he wakes up ad say something-a-reno, then corrects it to a-who.

1 Like

I think the Hotel Manager-a-boo does something similar at some point.

The fact that the character behaves every time in the same way doesn’t disprove the hypothesis that the behavior is the consequence of free will, it might just indicate that the character wants to behave in that way every single time. The only information that could prove or disprove the hypothesis is if that recurrent behavior was programmed by the developers or arises freely thanks to a technical glitch.

Of course we are. I’m, sure that nobody really thinks that they are sentient characters. :smile: This has become just a little game, it has not really something to do with TWP. :slight_smile:

Probably it will end in this way:

3 Likes

The irony of the whole thing is that this is pretty much the way John Cleese argues with people on twitter these days.:grin:

It might be, yes. But my personal impression is that the red eyes characteristic might be a hint to something more practical than just a graphic expedient, something related to the story. It’s just a hunch, of course.

Anyway, exploring the hypothesis that Willie could have been the murderer of Boris has been just a little game, not so serious for me to keep playing the devil’s advocate for much longer. :wink:

I just read in Chucks journals again. Acually he talks about framing Willie. Also he mentiones something about replacing coronor. There are more clues in there, I guess we don’t need to speculate so much, the journals pretty much lays it out if read carefully.

Yes, the journals are very explicit about what plans Chuck has.

Yes the journals explictly say that only the peninent man will pass!

Wait, wrong game…

Hey, while playing yesterday, I noticed something curious in Chuck’s will.

It says, in part:

I declare that I am making this Last Will and Testament of my own will, being under no threat of coercion or duressif no other human being. I am of free mind and body.

Notice that he mentioned not being under threat of coercion. Or duress from no other human being. Could this be an indication that may be under control of a non-human being, like an A.I.?

Anyway, I just thought it curious. What do you think?

dZ.

Yes,I thought he flatout told that as well in the end?

That’s what I assumed when I read that part. At that point it was quite clear that the AI was involved in the recent events. When I read that “human being” I took it for a confirmation of my assumptions.

I didn’t notice that part of the will on my previous playthroughs. It does make sense, though.

What if the AI is not an AI but the device the developers from the upper world use to trick Chuck into doing what they want?

Would that be the game engine?

Consider this: if Ron Gilbert existed, how easy would it be for Him to explain who killed Boris in a way that does not leave us any doubt? Very easy, I should think. So, what do we conclude? Clearly, that Ron Gilbert does not exist.

(Edit: another possibility is that he exists and he is evil.)

Edit:
gilbert-pope-2

3 Likes

Maybe he exists only in the Mirror Universe, without a good counterpart in our universe.

1 Like

The ArrestTron 3000 clearly said that Willie is the murderer. Case closed.

I hope you don’t dare to question the results of ArrestTron 3000.

Unless you add a ™ symbol after each instance of the name, I’ll question everything.

5 Likes

This is exactly what I always thought was going on. As we eventually learn through gameplay, game developers are the enemies who’ve enslaved the characters to reboot and replay the game over and over as a “simulation” of life. It’s meta - we the game players are enablers, entertained by this simulation, if we don’t delete the game :sweat_smile: .

So yes, in the world of thimbleweed park, “the developers”/ the game’s programming kill Boris every time the game begins. Killed every time we all played, by programming the trenchcoat with red eyes (possibly the sheriff/coroner/hotelier, I like that idea and I remember thinking that about the lights in the bathroom too) to kill him at the start of the game.

So that’s my take. Boris is killed by the game itself, because the developers made it so. Hence all the in-jokes about murderous programmers lol.

4 Likes