Watched Indiana Jones 4 Film again and I still love it

4-disc set…” contains all three films” according to the back of the box

4 Likes

See, isn’t mine much nicer :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:?

It even has the 2 Disc edition of that fabulous 50s-style B-movie masterpiece! All in a glittery and shod^H^H^Hturdy cardboard box!

3 Likes

Oh, got that one too. But it has to sit on the side

1 Like

It’s not that bad. At least not as bad any review says it is. I’d rate the films like this:

• Last Crusade: 45%
  • Raiders of The Lost Ark: 32%
  • Kingdom of The Crystal Scull: 15%
  • Temple of Doom: 8%.
2 Likes

Depends a bit on what you mean by “that,” but it’s something like a '50s sci-fi flick instead of a '40s adventure flick.

So does mine, but note the sticker on the bottom left. :wink:

1 Like

What I regret is that they made only a fourth one, and only 19 years after the third.

Indy could have been through thousands of different adventures. Not even referencing old ones, just the character and the premises stay. That would have been perfect. No continuity, just Indy.

Oh, it seems a fifth movie will come out in two years. I had no idea. Too late, probably.

1 Like

I randomly grabbed a novel from the library one time in which he became a berserker. :wink:

Well, they tried it:

2 Likes

You may keep it if we trade :grinning:.

Well, when you wrote “the concept of a schlocky '50s B-movie”, I interpreted that as “the film was made to appear like a B-movie from the 50s on purpose”, and that sounded like an apt description to me. I see now that’s not what you meant.

But I guess the thought will let me appreciate the film in a wholly different light, should I ever be subjected to watching it a second time :slight_smile:.

I don’t know, sounds like what I meant to me? :stuck_out_tongue:

I watched The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles and liked it a lot in my early teens. I don’t remember much about it, though. I’ll look it up to watch it again.

3 Likes

Idk about you but Sean Patrick Flanery was looking fine back in 1992 haha :ok_hand::tada:

3 Likes

You mean Zack McKraken and the Crystal Scull, right? :wink:

You gave me heart attack by rating last crusade at 45% … until I realised you were doing a kind of vote-your-favorite-indy-movie by yourself.

No thanks. Mine has BONUS features.
I would trade my Raiders disc though, as that has some stain (in manufacturing? Data rot?) making the movie not pass the fight scene in Nepal.

Me? I was looking fine back in 1992, too. :sweat_smile:

The problem with these is the order is “chronological” rather than by airing date. Which messes up the overarching story that uses flashbacks/forwards.
And also: only the first box was ever released here :frowning_face:

3 Likes

I completely forgot the “young Indiana Jones” thing, probably because I only cared about Harrison Ford.

3 Likes

I haven’t watched it too (mainly because of that), so I was surprised to read that Harrison Ford played in it too!

Same here. :wink: It’s my favorite of all movies, even if the critics rate the first two higher…

1 Like

Btw, assuming they’re the same or close to it, the photos of the minecart miniatures are really cool.

Crusade is basically Raiders done better (most noticeably better pacing, but pretty much better everything), so it’s a matter of what you’re rating it on. Originality will bring it down. :wink:

My baseline rating goes:

1. Doom
  2. Crusade
  3. Raiders
  4. Crystal Skull

But if I adjust my criteria it could also be:

1. Crusade
  2. Doom
  3. Raiders
  4. Crystal Skull

Or even, more analytically:

1. Raiders
  2. Doom
  3. Crusade
  4. Crystal Skull
3 Likes

I agree with @Frenzie on his ranking of IJ4 (always last :sweat_smile:) not on the other titles tough. If you want to know what me and other forumers think about it please check also: Indiana Jones 5 with Harrison Ford directed by Spielberg

There’s actually an episode starring Harrison Ford, “Mystery of the blues” here the scenes:

3 Likes

Sushi!! :joy:

1 Like

Guess what, Ron and David were talking about the Indie movies starting at 41:40 haha! It, truly is, an Indy Month

2 Likes

Crusade
Raiders
Doom

>(=much much greater than)

Skull

2 Likes