What would you put in Room 101?

Laissez Faire Capitalism

3 Likes

Right, so the items have to be tortured with their worst fears… and afterwards they’ll love Big Brother :question:

:woman_shrugging: I didn’t make the programme…

:door: ridiculously long speed-read disclaimers at the end of radio adverts.

4 Likes

We used to have those mostly for medication. But those we have had for gambling for the last couple of years have become hilariously long and fast.

:door: Broccoli. (and all other cabbage plants from hell)

3 Likes

:door: Bedbugs

2 Likes

:door: Richard Burton with John Hurt

1 Like

amen!

1 Like

:door: leaf blowers. I’ve been living in the US for almost 10 years now and I still cannot understand the obsession with blowing leafs around.

3 Likes

oh… if we can go on food, then I’d say…
:door: pizza with pineapple

3 Likes

I’m liking these because because I appreciate the contributions, but I actually quite like broccoli, and pineapple on pizza. In fact I’d like them both on a pizza, with other stuff.

Ooh I’ve just thought of another one…

1 Like

:door: dill.

They seem to be on every advert under the sun these days. Cars, insurance, holidays, supermarket promotions. Literally about half the advert is that really fast talk. I can’t imagine what that’s like to record - actually I guess they record it normally then speed it up. See, can’t even get that bit of amusement out of it!

2 Likes

I have to admit that I like some cabbage sorts - depending on the recipe. But in most cases I don’t like them. They are “mean” vegetables (out of hell) because they look delicious but they don’t taste well.

Uh, why not? I like it to/on fish for example.

I also like dill in scrambled eggs.

1 Like

Yeah, it´s fine on salmon.

1 Like

Noooo… smell awful in the kitchen, but taste really good in the dish! Especially with pasta with some olive oil (to fry one piece of garlic), roasted bread crumble, dried red pepper and some crumbled anchovy.

1 Like

:door: people who, when they are obviously in the wrong and you politely complain, don’t say “sorry”, but become rude

3 Likes

You don’t know the German recipes. :wink:

The several sorts of cabbage I know (including Broccoli) are bitter and have a “musty” taste.

If you have to use garlic and other ingredients to “cover” the taste of a vegetable then something went wrong … :wink:

But as I wrote above: Depending on the recipe cabbage could be delicious. And your recipe sounds good, I have to admit… :slight_smile: