Which Sierra games do you like?

Must have been the news about Dick Cheney happily signing a waterboarding kit.

1 Like

Have you discovered this?

No, but I would assume that the game relies on the system clock. So it depends on the accuracy of the clock in your PC if it takes exactly 10 minutes.

1 Like

I was looking for a screenshot with the line “I mean to kill you all” for the joke with Guga on the other thread and I found it on this article:

where I found also the image I posted up here, with dead Guybrush.

I played originally and mostly the Amiga version (twelve verbs and no icons), then I don’t know if this joke of the VGA 256 colors version is true but I suppose so, since the article shows many other images, and I recognize all of them.

2 Likes

With the exception of Kings Quest VI which is pretty darn good.
games by this bunch were awful on the Amiga. Truly shocking ports. The worst graphics the slowest most clumbersome interface. Took forever to load.

Awful. So no not a fan. I did quite like the GK games mind you. On modern-ish pcs.

Their early (AGI) games were good on Amiga, just like on PC. I enjoyed some of the earlier SCI games as well (Larry 2 and 3, Space Quest 3) but I didn’t really have a reference point.

Awful ports in most cases. Shockingly bad.

I agree with that and would include the SCI games. Back then we played most of the Sierra games on the Amiga and I can’t say they were bad or different to the PC versions. You had to change the game speed sometimes but that is valid for the PC versions too.

And the graphics don’t differ much. For example which is the screenshot from the Amiga and which one is the PC version of Space Quest III? (The assets are the same.)

So @anon36378415: What do you mean with “worst graphics”?

Some of the versions I have played even of some of latter Larry games had absolutely atrocious graphics.

17841-leisure-suit-larry-1-in-the-land-of-the-lounge-lizards-dos

Say no more mefinks!

The only good Sierra games on the Amiga were the ones converted out of house in my opinion.

Revolution did a fine job of King’s Quest VI: Heir Today, Gone Tomorrow for example.

1 Like

Ah, interesting. I didn’t know that they converted the Larry remake too. I was only aware of King’s Quest and Larry V.

According to Lemon only a few VGA games were converted to the Amiga. They were published around 1992 where the Amiga sales had already increased. So I assume that the ports had to be as cheap as possible.

Well the later one VI as I mentioned was later than that.
But if you look above, now I just converted that same image to 16 colours and it was much closer. Though personally I think the original graphics were crap anyway.

Those games the biggest issue on the Amiga was, you had to swap disks a LOT and it was so slow in movement and it was just really badly ported over.

I think a lot of it has to do with the Amiga being more popular in Europe than America and America was Sierras primary market/motivation.