Who is Thimbleweed Park resident #81?

I don’t think hotel guests count as “population”, otherwise the sign would increase for ThimbleCon

It didn’t go up for the agents either. While one could try to argue that maybe the Thimblecon attendees were there prior to Boris’ death, Ray and Reyes definitely didn’t arrive in Thimbleweed Park until after the murder.

While I´m all for Refugees Welcome and against stupid shit like Travel Bans, this is just not how residency works.

1 Like

It was Billy Bob.

Let’s approach it as Lt. Columbo would: [in Peter Falk voice]
“So our shooter was standing right here, between these bushes, facing that city limits sign. Bang! Now, Mrs. Columbo always complains when I bring Tacos and I leave the dirty dishes on the table and then when she finds them, she reminds me that my doctor told me I should lose some weight… , but this guy? No, he’s not leaving any traces. The city sign gets fixed, bullet hole is patched up, but you still can see the paint job he did. Now if I were to shoot someone and cover up my traces, I might do the same… But there is a big problem though: where is the body? Because, no body, no murder, and no murder, case closed, right? Yeah, I figured that too. But then there is just one little thing I can’t get my head around… The killer took the time to paint over the population count! You see? The elevation on the right is white too, but not as fresh and clean as that 80 over here… Now what kind of killer would worry about that after covering up all tracks so perfectly?”
(Walk away, then turn back)

“Oh, and one more thing:
When a prominent person, such as this Chuck character, dies, surely there would be an autopsy report to make sure he died of natural causes, you know, insurances and benificiaries of his legacy and all that. Wouldn’t you think that too?”

Who hides in the bushes near city limits, carries a gun professionally and keeps record of the inhabitants? Right-a-reno!

And whose job is it to perform that autopsy and write the report? Right-a-boo!

But whom did he/they kill then? Well, that answer is coded by the radio light flashing. Obviously!

1 Like

While playing again, during Franklin’s flashback section, i gave the kid a blue Pillow-Bear™. Afterwards, i found that very same toy in Boris’ old hotel room.

Does this mean that the kid is related to Boris’ death?

Also, given that Franklin was killed with electricity, could it have been one of the SR-01 security robots?

dZ.

Hm… Isn’t the bear in Boris’ room always blue?

No. The pillowbear in Boris’ room is always the blue one, regardless of which one you give to the kid.

The robots have claws and when referring to what they can do to people I remember the word “dismemberment” cited is some manual. I don’t know/remember if the game explicitly mentions that these robots have electricity-based weapons (tasers or such), but in theory it might be possible.

Ah, ok. Thanks.

I confess, it was me. I ascended to this world right after.

1 Like

If it had been an SR-01 security robot, I think Franklin would have reacted differently. I don’t think he would have bothered to ask a security robot a direct question.

That is very true. Has there been any indication of an electric-shock weapon in the game?

It seems Franklin recognizes the perpetrator, but the only ones who shock with electricity in the game seem to be the ghosts. It could be that one of the ghosts “crossed over” using the portal, but Franklin would not have recognize them – unless it was Chuck’s ghost! :astonished:

dZ.

I suppose the Sheriff has a taser. He’s a police officer, after all.

Nah, if the Sheriff did it, he’d have “accidentally” drawn his service weapon by “mistake”.

You are right! Boris is a ‘dodgy German businessman’ whatever that means? And in his own words he’s ‘flown half they way round the world’ and Sandy in the diner says 'a foreign businessman had the last german sausage(can’t think of the word) a few days ago.

At one point in the game Ray mentions the intro and ponders who got shot dead because the victim wasn’t shot.

Franklin was Tasered or electricuted in the Hotel.

I DID think this but then I look at the time line of events and it doesn’t make sense. Franklin flashback about five weeks ago, Boris got done the night before. And Chuck died a few days ago. Chuck can’t have done Franklin at that point, he wasn’t dead yet. We even see him Alive watching from his offiss when Franklin is at the hotel. So it couldn’t have been him wot done it.

Also I think everyone is going in the wrong direction with Sherrif because he had opportunites galore to do in both agents and the clown and everyone really and he could have left whoever down the sewer, why bother responding? NO I think the sherrif character is actively looking after the characters for Chuck and I think that that conversation he has has with his ‘Boss’ nothing to do with murder.

I wish we could get the number for his phone in the office.

I thought what could have happened with Franklin was that he was electricuted by a ghost whilst touching the handle of the door, though the power that hits him is far more powerfully than that and in a screengrab I did you could see the door full open and the waves of electricity still engulfing him about a meter away from the door. So I discount a ghost. Might have been his son in law Peter. Who does nothing in the story but I wouldn’t put it past him.

Does it itself very impressive, perhaps it is fuelled by a hidden Trontube.

1 Like