Why can't I sleep?

Why can’t I sleep? Explain, in a Thimbleweed way

Isn’t it obvious? The signals are very strong tonight. They’re such a distraction that they’re keeping you awake. The only people in all of Thimbleweed Park who could get any sleep had to get below the prevailing ground level to do so.

2 Likes

You don’t need any maintenance or recharge.

1 Like

It’s because you can’t actually use any of the beds in Thimbleweed Park.

1 Like

Maybe too much Dark Chocolate™?

Sorry, probably most of the people won’t get this one.
Oh, welcome back, by the way.

3 Likes

I remember not even getting it, when I heard the episode.

Thank you Doc! :wink:

On the Blog, Carlo Valenti asked the team:

I just listened to the future podcast answering to these questions, and I was puzzled because you will say the words “dark chocolate” without any apparent reason. Will my question modify the current timeline, thus preventing you to say such words, and giving demonstration to everyone that I actually am a Time Traveller, and I have the ability to alter the past and impact on the future?

And the Team made a memorable podcast 2 days after:
Podcast #45

1 Like

1 Like

How do you know you are not asleep?

2 Likes
Ready to find out the truth?

It has been reported that some victims of torture, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not wake up. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren’t being tortured. The only way that they realized they needed to wake up was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to wake up. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and please wake up!!!

EDIT: sorry, I forgot to add that this clip is very spoilerish for those who haven’t seen the movie and wish to.