Wow, that´s my age! What a coinkidink!

1 Like

Oh, and happy unbirthday to you too!

Thanks and the same to you!

1 Like

How old is Milan?
@discobot, roll 2d10

1 Like

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

1 Like

Thanks a LOT,
@discobot roll 2d10

2 Likes

:game_die: 3, 4

1 Like

Sounds about right, @milanfahrnholz only 1d6 off from me, at least.
Happy unbirthday!

1 Like

What the…that´s like shockingly close! :scream:

2 Likes

(sorry for off-topiccing this otherwise most seriously interesting and honest thread so far)
how old is Milan really?

Discobot roll 1d100

:robot: 34.

1 Like

@discobot roll 1d100

1 Like

:game_die: 60

1 Like

close… but the real discobot was closer

1 Like

So, I am 60 years old.

#andthatiscanon

3 Likes

I am 37. All my family did children young. When I was born, my great-great-grandmother on the paternal side was still alive. But her son, my great-grandfather, had been killed during the German invasion of Belgium in 1940. In the maelstrom of the invasion and the exodus of people in safer places southwards, she lost contact with her grandson (my grandfather) who was a little boy at the time. They both assumed the other was dead. As a result, my great-great-grandmother never even knew my father existed. I only discovered her death record when I paid interest in genealogy and I realized she had been living in the same Walloon village forever and died one year after my own birth. It would have been awesome if we had at least the opportunity to meet as a baby and an elderly woman, even have a picture of it.

And yes I remember when Monkey Island was out. I played Maniac Mansion in 1990 when a friend had an old PC with this game on and I was immediately captivated. I remember the first NES that was put on display in supermarkets with the demo stage of Super Mario running in World 1-1. Ad how we would all get excited about it.

In fact my first videogame was Castle Adventure on an Amstrad PC 1512 my father had acquired to self-teach himself how to use a computer as he thought it was the only way he could get better emmployment.

4 Likes

I remember getting the NES with Duck Hunt/Mario package for Christmas when my brother and I were kids. Probably one of the happiest moments of my life was seeing the world 1-4 castle for the first time. :slight_smile:

1 Like

well well well…

1 Like

Yes I replayed it last year and it was a pleasure, especially since when I was 7 years old I never found a way to finish it.

1 Like