Commodore 64 most played games

I´m trying to list all the games I remember playing (games I played a lot in bold).

• Maniac Mansion
  • Zak McKracken
  • Ghostbusters
  • The Real Ghostbusters
  • Ghostbusters 2
  • Batman The Movie
  • Exile
  • Game Over
  • Hysteria
  • Elvira Mistress Of The Dark
  • Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade
  • Indiana Jones And The Fate Of Atlantis The Action Game
  • Donald Duck´s Playground
  • Barbarian
  • Last Ninja
  • Last Ninja 3
  • Little Computer People
  • B.C. 2 Grogs Revenge
  • Chips Challenge
  • Donkey Kong
  • Popeye
  • Battleships
  • Winter Games
  • Summer Games
  • Aliens
  • Neuromancer
  • Create With Garfield
  • Cool World
  • International Karate+
  • Starflight
  • Project Prometheus
  • Pitfall 2 The Lost Caverns
  • B.A.T.
  • Buck Rogers: Countdown To Doomsday
  • Creatures
  • Creatures 2
  • Hackers 1
  • Hackers 2
  • Dirty (german magazine game)
  • Brubaker (german magazine game)
  • Shoot Out (thanks to @ZakPhoenixMcKracken for helping me remember the name for this!)
2 Likes

Maybe OUTLAWS?

1 Like

Nope, I´ll describe it to you.

It had two stages one was a trial stage where you would shoot tin cans from cactuses and another one where you would shoot bandits in a cityscape. The view was from over the shoulders of your little cowboy sprite.

That´s really all I remember.

Kick Off

OutRun and Turbo OutRun

Falcon Patrol AKA Attacco f-104

Mr. Angry

Ski

Frogger AKA La Rana

Pitstop II

Choplifter AKA Elicotteri

1 Like

Prepare your handkerchief…
SHOOTOUT!

1 Like

WOW! Thank you so much, I have literally not seen this since 1992!!!
Graphics look even better than I remember them.

God, best topic ever. I’ll list those I remember in random order:

Aztec Challenge, Pit Stop II, International Soccer by Andrew Spencer, Ghostbusters, International Karate Plus, Zorro, Rocketball, Leaderboard Golf, Mikie, Dante’s Inferno.

The mother of all FIFA / PES !!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I actually played it with the name “Calcio Replay”, aka “Cup Final”, a clone of Andrew Spencer’s game with an extra feature, the instant replay whenever you pressed run/stop. It was wonderful.

1 Like

FYI - I posted an info about MSX-compatible computer in this post: Retro Computing: MSX-compatible computer
And it has ability to run & play C=64 games on a real HW (keyboard+joystick+disk drive+cassette drive) as well as ability to play ZX48K and CPC464 games (other platforms could be added in the future). And not just play games but to make a programs (oh! Basic+ASM :-)) as well!
As I grew up on C=64 I’m a big fan of this project!

So many great games. Here are the ones I played the most:
Ultimate Wizard (it had a very complete level editor where I created over 100 of my own levels- which now looking back were very impressive for a 12 year-old kid).
Jumpman
Jumpman Junior
Summer Games I and II
Winter Games
World Games
Skate or Die
Spy Vs. Spy
4th & Inches (an American Football game where you could make your own custom rosters)
Maniac Mansion
Zak McCracken
Miner 2049er
Loderunner
Mad Mac the Maintenance Man
Fight Night
Rocketball
Michael Jordan vs. Larry Bird 1-on-1
Death Sword
Axe of Rage
Might and Magic III
Zork I, II, and III (and other Infocom games)
The list really does go on and on, but I’ll stop here.
Many fond memories of my C64. I still have it!

1 Like

He’s back!!!
krakenZak

5 Likes

A little off topic but I think @Guga @Sushi @ZakPhoenixMcKracken among others should enjoy this new demo called Mojo.

Incidentally, riffing on MM starts at 7:30.

5 Likes

Great demo. By the way, for those who enjoy C64 demos, I recommend any recent production by Censor Design, starting with Wonderland XIV.

2 Likes

I believe I’ve already stumbled across that earlier, but watching it again it makes me wonder what our current hardware might be capable of, if OSes and applications weren’t that giant bloated mess they are.

I don’t know if I’d still enjoy my job in that case, but as a user I think I’d appreciate getting a lot more performance squeezed out of the system.

It’s a fantastic demo, and makes you think. Thanks for sharing!

Awesome demo! (Albeit midlife crisis inducing :sweat_smile:) The domino block effect was super smooth.
The falling through the spiral bit too (reminded me of Day of the Tentacle time travel animation)

Yeah. And this demo is a whopping 4 disks, which is more than Zak and MM. Combined.

2 Likes

Almost right :wink:

<nitpicking> Zak was on 3 sides (1 loader, 2 data), MM on 2 sides. </nitpicking> :wink:

I was about to mention that….

But then I thought someone in the demo-scene could probably fit it on 2 disks anyway and not require a separate loader (nor Visa Exit codes for that matter)
I have no floppy disk reader these days to double check those statements though (and won’t trust the sizes of files you can find on some sites - as they’re almost all tampered versions)

1 Like

Indeed! They fitted it into a cartridge (Easyflash), on one 3,5 disk (for the 1581 drive) and on four disks:

( @enthusi did this, btw. :wink: )

2 Likes