50 ways to tell you are an adventure game geek

1. If you call your wife “Elaine”, “Annie” or “Razor”.
1 Like

Ok, nice one. But these shouldn’t be hypothetical, should be real.
Oh, I’m sorry, maybe you really call your wife like that. Surely someone does, but does @Someone do? :blush:

1 Like
  1. When the words “Friend of yours, Bernard?” have come up in casual conversation, and nobody batted an eye.

(EDIT) Meh, while we’re at it:
37. When a friend at university goes to the fridge, opens it, promptly forgets what he was looking for, stares at it in confusion for a couple of seconds and then turns to the room and proclaims something along the lines of “Now I’m no expert or anything, but I’m willing to bet that this is a fridge”, and everyone present in the kitchen at the time immediately recognises it as a Discworld quote.

Yeah, I know. That one’s a bit wordy…

Wife? I own several computers!

1. When you saying goodbye to someone (not me) with the words: “See ya!”
1 Like

Umm, that’s a pretty common way to say goodbye and doesn’t require a background in adventuregameology.

I’m curious. What do you consider this a reference to?

In Zak McKracken And The Alien Mindbenders, the Alien used to say "See Ya!"
Well, from 1998 to 2001, I used to sign my messages on a “forum” on Internet with “See Ya”. It was my trademark, so to speak.

See Zaks answer. :slight_smile:

Ah! However, that is a common way to say “goodbye” in the United States, so it is more relatable to common culture than to the game. In fact, that’s probably why the game used it.

Well, we all know @David does, so that’s good enough.

On a side-note, I’d love to hear stories about you calling your wife Elaine by accident and then trying to explain by starting up Monkey Island in a miserable attempt to recover.

7 Likes

Well, actually, he designed Zak McKracken And The Alien Mindbenders™ including his wife’s real name in the adventure, as one of the main characters.

THIS made me really laugh!

1 Like
  1. If, when saying goodbye to your wife, you say, “ta! Delores” in a very gruffly voice.

2. If you and your wife both go, “Diggin’!” Whenever you see a shovel on TV or in real life, and then giggle.

Hehehe…

1. Every time you see a shovel, your mind thinks of “The Dig”.
  1. You don’t use cotton swabs, but Monkey Head keys. The small ones.
3 Likes

When you solve an IRL problem using adventure game logic. (countless of times)

An IRL problem is a problem you encounter in Ireland? :crazy_face:

…Yes.

1 Like
  1. When you wear your Thimbleweed Park shirt to the park every weekend, hoping one day someone else will recognize it. But it still hasn’t happened…
3 Likes

My friend and I will cosplay two Thimbleweed Park characters, at a Cosplay event in Italy next Sunday. I hope somebody (not to say Someone :wink:) will recognize us. If not, I will explain everything to who will ask me. :blush:

1 Like

Please, let it include one of the following: pizza slice dude, diggin’ Doug, Ransome (Reyes would be lame). Although the Sherrif and coroner would make a nice duo too.