A Couple of Requested Features for a Future Update

Hello everyone. I’ve only really just started playing Thimbleweed Park, and already I can tell that’s it’s one of my all time favourites. I adore everything about this game. With all that in mind, I have a couple of requested features that I would love to see in a future update of some kind.

So, first of all, I really like listening to all the voicemail messages in the phonebook, and the small ticks that appear next to the names are really helpful for finding the place I left off. I know that at some point in the future I’m going to want to listen to them all again, but I’ve noticed that there’s no way to reset the ticks on the names that you’ve listened to, even after starting a new game. Do you think players could have the option to set the phonebook to a fresh start? It would be really useful when going through the phonebook a second time, or for when two players share the one PC and both want to go through the phonebook in separate play throughs.

My other request is that I’ve noticed that there’s no way to delete the save slots in game. This is honestly just a personal preference for me. I really like having control over my saved games, especially when I have a saved game that I don’t have use for anymore. Being able to reset them would help me remember which save slots I wanted to keep, and which could be discarded.

I was thinking that maybe these two requests could be combined into one feature if that would be easier on the development side. Like, if there was an option in the options menu titled ‘Clear Saved Data’ which, when selected, would empty the save slots, remove the ticks from the phonebook, and set all settings to their default values, just like booting up the game for the first time.

I think I would do an actual jump for joy if something like this made its way into the game, because then there would not be a single thing that I didn’t enjoy.

Anyway, thank you very much for your time. I wish the developers the best of luck in the future, and thank you for making such an amazing game.

I completely concur. There needs to be a way to clear history and start fresh. re-randomize, clear entries from phone book, etc. While i would be happy with just wiping all saved games, it would be preferable if specific saves could be deleted.