A little html5 game made by me

I was inspired by thimbleweed park and especially by the great development blog of @RonGilbert. Some time ago I started on a little point and click engine + game. I have now managed to create a simple engine and simple game script.

Check it out at: https://r2d2.wilcomenge.nl

Any remarks or feedback is appreciated

4 Likes

The source link (https://github.com/wmenge/droidquest) isn’t working. :slight_smile:

That’s a nice game, I like the graphics! Unfortunately I don’t speak your language (you’re from the Netherlands, right?) but I managed to solve the first situation the same, thanks to some familiar settings and words!

PS: Oh well… it seems it’s all I could solve in the game! Anyway that doesn’t change my opinion, I liked it! :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t know what to do with R2D2. There are no verbs nor interface.

1 Like

The repo works now!

You should be able to move r2 by clicking in the room he is in:

Please note: it works best on Chrome on desktop. There are some issues on mobile

I know the language but couldn’t solve the room. I can’t pick up the plans not interact with anything.
Admittedly, only tried it on my phone.

Suggestions: improve the path finding. R2 shouldn’t follow a straight line from A to B, but rather move mainly along the X and Y axis (just watch the movies… he always goes in a straight line for technical reasons). You might want to put a little jitter (wavelike movement) as he rolls to make it less boring.

Or is this just an engine demo and is the real game not SW related?

1 Like

Ah, that’s it, I played it on Chrome, but with my mobile.
I am able to click anywhere in that room, and R2D2 moves, but that’s all.
Even if I long tap on an object, nothing happens.

I will try on a PC, later.

That’s a nice game, I like the graphics! Unfortunately I don’t speak your language (you’re from the Netherlands, right?

Correct, the texts are in dutch so my children can understand it. The introduction reads something like: The princess has secret plans for the rebels! Find the plans and escape from the spaceship!

1 Like

Or is this just an engine demo and is the real game not SW related?

For me, the excercise and fun is programming the engine and creating a nice, readable game script convention. However, a fun little game would be a nice side effect.

In fact on Firefox it shows only r2, the plans, and the door! I was utterly facilitated in the solution! :smile:

That’s why I liked it so much? :open_mouth: Naaah…

I thought you had to either turn on the light somehow or navigate around obstacles to reach the door.

1 Like

It’s a firefox bug. The background is a image used as a background for the canvas element. On firefox it doesn’t work (I might look at it).

But I think it is a very good idea to have a light switch!