A Thimbleweed Park story, by a "pure" user

Of course it is, which part of the sentence made you conclude that there was an intent to provide it as something different than a personal opinion?

Still, some people don’t get that “Casual” also implies that it doesn’t contain several sub-stories nor can understand easily how much of the full story the “Casual” mode doesn’t have. Sometimes this is a consequence of the fact that some people don’t fully read the description of the two modes but only their name. This is a description of what I have observed, not an opinion.

:scream::scream:

:scream::scream::scream:

:exploding_head:

Maybe they come to a different conclusion than me, then it’s fine and nothing is lost.
The problem is when it’s the same conclusion but then it’s too late when they have already chosen and played casual.

But nonetheless it’s not that big of a deal because those people (like me) who really care about such stuff generally read such descriptions carefully enough.

You see, I don’t agree with that either. You keep saying about missing “sub-plots” or “full story,” but in my experience, it’s all there.

So you can’t access the Radio Station; you only need that for an extended puzzle, and the plot point about DJ Cassey being a conspiracy theorist and taking over the station is made every time you turn on a radio. What sub-plot is missing there?

Then there is the underground bunker, whose whole purpose is to give additional objects for extended puzzles. The plot point about there being a conspiracy and some townfolks being on to it, and a secret group that knows about this, is made by the Pigeon Bros. Sisters and many of the townsfolk you do get to talk to.

What specific sub-plot is missing that is not insinuated directly or suggested indirectly by the Casual Mode gameplay and story?

And more importantly, apart from the satisfaction of deeper and richer puzzles (which may not be important to a lot of people), what do they add to the actual story that is so important as to make the Casual Mode insufficient or incomplete?

dZ.

What if she listens to Thrash Metal? Then white sneakers would be mandatory. :thinking:

2 Likes

ALERT

The friend who I talked about in this thread, is going to finish TWP in normal mode, and wants to join this forum (after having finished it, she is aware of spoilers).

Stay ready… :slight_smile:

1 Like

You mean be polite? Ahahahahahahahahahahah

Okay I´ll try my best. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Approx she will finish TWP in 3-4 days.
She has to find out how to reach the secret place…

Did she reach the forums?

She finished TWP (normal mode) last Sunday (3 days ago).
I showed her the latest LowLevel’s game, but for now she doesn’t want to sign in, just to lurk here and there :slight_smile:

I can understand that. There´s scary people here…:eyes:

1 Like

4 Likes

I agree with this one. One of my friends recently told me that he finished casual mode and now kind of regrets it. He started hard mode afterwards but got bored while playing it because he already knew the story.

I don’t know… I started with casual. Then I went back and played in hard mode all the way through and it was still fun.

I chose casual just because I didn’t know how much time I would have because of work and other commitments.

It’s like watching your favorite movie, then finding the directors cut and getting to see a bunch of new scenes.

2 Likes