Adventure game mock-ups in the style of LucasArts

Here are some mock-ups of non-existing LucsArts style adventure games.

Lucasarts adventure
Simon Bachmann

Andrew Scaife

Espen Terjesen

Who knows other nice mock-ups?
Or, who draw his own LucsArts adventure game interface?

6 Likes

Iā€™ll just put here a few threads and posts in which we discussed Lucas-style mockups:

The artist behind the ā€œThe Thingā€ mock-up is also the graphic artist of ā€œThe Darkside Detectiveā€.

1 Like

I just felt really terrible because I thought these were supposed to be based on movies and I recognized not a single one, but as it seems theyĀ“re all entirely original creations. Phewā€¦

Dude, really? Youā€™re disappointing me. Two of those three are at least inspired by specific movies, although not by specific scenes. One of them is both ultra-obvious and quite popular.

(but maybe Iā€™m lying just to mess with you)

1 Like

IĀ“ll just try to fit a few titles thenā€¦

1. Se7en (1995)
  2. The Rocketeer (1991)
  3. Phantasm (1979)

Feel free to theorize why I came up with those.

Iā€™ll give you a hint because I donā€™t want to be responsible for an overthinking breakdown.

Maybe one of them is not about a movie but about a TV series.

Well actually my first guess would have been that the first one is either Fargo or True Detective (or maybe Narcos or whatever).

The second one looks a little like Lost In Space but only a little.

I donĀ“t think you mean the third one.

The ā€˜Talk to salesmanā€™ one looks like the shipyard scene from Space Quest III.

1 Like

Thereā€™s a mockup for Twin Peaks as a SCUMM adventure game:

3 Likes

Also Twin Peaks imagined as a Sierra adventure:

http://blog.espenart.com/2013/nonexistent-computer-games-twi-peaks-in-the-style-of-an-early-sierra-adventure-game/

1 Like

The second picture in this topic (from Andrew Scaife) reminds me of Stan from Monkey Island.
Stan_vessels
Stan

https://www.pinterest.at/pin/250935010464525379

4 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome. I loved when LA messed with interface - like brainwashing in Zak .

Yes, the artist drew that character in that way because that character is also a salesman in the TV series that the mock-up was citing.

What show has a Boba Fett spaceship like that? Some parts of the setting remind me of Lost In Space, but thatĀ“s about itā€¦

The sci-fi mock-up with the salesman in it is a reference to the TV series ā€œFireflyā€.

That makes sense, because I still havenĀ“t seen that one.

Itā€™s pretty decent, but also overhyped. Imagine if people were always saying Star Wars was the best thing ever ā€” you know what, never mind. :wink:

Are you like telling me toā€¦make up my own mind about something? :scream:

Sure! :smiley:

Itā€™s worth watching. Just, iunno, people treat it as if it were on the same level as TWP. :smiley:

1 Like