Pixel artwork artists

I’m pretty sure. It’s not possible to obtain a perfectly clean pixel-art image pixelating that photo. I can’t exclude that the author used the photo as a background layer, to better match the geometries, but except for this possible help, everything seems to be drawn by hand.

1 Like

Sigh, Windows only :expressionless:

Well, I do not consider myself, literally, an pixel artwork artist. I´m a graphic designer and in my free time I like to do some pixel art illustrations. These are a serie of portraits of dead Rock Stars I did some time ago. The challenge was to make recognizable the faces with a VERY limited number of pixels:

More here:
https://www.behance.net/gallery/22391287/RIP-Rest-In-Pixels

And my web is clearly inspired in pixel art:

4 Likes

He IS alive!

2 Likes

Andrew Scaife has done ‘Point & Click adventure’ pixel art.

Oh, how I wish these games were real, I’d want to play all of them! :blush:

7 Likes

They are all beautiful! The author has also collected all of these drawing in a book. I’m really tempted to buy it… :confused:

1 Like

I bought it several months ago… its for fans of pixel art combined w PnC genre.

the quality is impressive…

Very nice picture.
Can you post the web location for the IBM data center 1963 picture?

I came across it on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MatthewJFrith/status/827445813072781312

Here a modern pixel-art from the upcoming game “The Last Night” (by Tim & Adrien Soret).

Trailer

Further pics

1 Like

Wow, you really nailed George’s eyebrows!
Even more impressive since his eyes are actually drawn ABOVE that line! Goes to show how the brain autocorrects and how every pixel counts. Really nice art!

Being a fan of the works of Hayao Miyazaki, I loved these pixel-art drawings by Richard Evans. Here I’ll put just a small selection but you can find more images in the following links.

More Miyazaki pixel art by Richard Evans.

Even more Miyazaki pixel art by Richard Evans.

5 Likes

Beautiful! There are also several non Miyazaki Studio Ghibli films. But I can´t help but ask myself what it tells us that Grave Of The Fireflies is crucially missing. :thinking:

thanks a lot!! :slight_smile:

More Beatles stuff.

1 Like

I love every Miyazaki work, manga and movies.
And these pixel versions of his most valuable works are really well-done!!

It’s possible that the artist has decided to focus on Miyazaki’s works or on more lighthearted Ghibli stories.

Yeah, I was about to say. When that guy decided to do this for fun, that wasn´t exactly the first thing that came to mind.

I just finished this illustration. My favorite cover in pixel art mode. I hope you like it, it has taken me many hours of work. :grinning:

12 Likes