Amazon Go in Seattle is now open

Congrats we´ve finally reached a point in the discussion where I´m…

3 Likes

Well, let me say something.

True or not

I think this point of the discussion exactly shows how laws have to be written by the whole EU to avoid lack of rights for workers, (German, Polish, French or Italian… it should not matter).
Also

EU is basically ten years too late on those arguments, (taxes for web services like Google, Amazon, etc…)
But if for Google it’s a lack of money we don’t get back (with taxes we pay welfare), for Amazon you have to add the miserable way they handle workers.

It might needs some political and historical knowledge (and Autobahn experience).

2 Likes

2 Likes

But they are much more expensive (even if Poles work in them), that’s why they are building more and more in Poland. 5 since 2014! As I mention the Amazon doesn’t even have service in Poland (not yet, I’m sure), so all the traffic is going out of the country, Germany or elsewhere, but I suspect Germany mostly.

What are you doing in the traffic, @Someone?!

Bayern will play saturday!

A more up to date picture might also show holes on the right track due to the enlarged truck traffic and drivers who can’t wait, using the side-strip.

That´s exactly what I thought this looks like! :slight_smile:

Listen, I´ve been down the badly damaged Autobahn near Passau close to the Czech and Austrian borders countless times, Trucks from the Czech Republic as well as Austria and Germany have badly worn on it as well as people who forgot to remove their snowchains in the summer. But what has this to do with anything let alone the economical situation of a country?

2 Likes

Might be. We have 11 centers at the moment in Germany and they are building more in the near future. In Poland there are only 5 in total (if Google is right :)).

I can’t remember that they have a (working) service in Germany. If you would like to contact them you have to fill out a form. I haven’t found a phone number…

And that’s why we all gonna die! Nostradamus was right! Potholes and truck driver will be our doom!

No, no, you misunderstood, not that kind of service. I simply can’t buy anything from Amazon. It’s just not available, you can’t order in Poland. It probably will be at some point, but right now all these places are working strictly for consumers outside of country.

Ah, ok, sorry. I misunderstood that. Then you are right.

Do they offer their services for other shops? For example in Germany shops can open a shop in the Amazon shop. In that case Amazon does only the shipping and billing.

I’ve never seen that there is no traffic jam. :wink:

You´d be surprised there are days and times where that particular part isn´t really all that busy, but saturdays are of course the worst.

Every time I drove there, I was stuck in the/that traffic jam. Even in the morning (after the rush hour) and on working days.

Yes there are certainly times where taking the rural road (which is farther on the left) is the better idea. It´s longer but really empty.

1 Like

Ok, so I checked and it seems things have changed a bit recently. I can order to Poland, but we only have a Polish version of a German page, so it’s kind of a half assed version. The prices are in euros (we don’t have euros), there are no Polish custom shops as far I know, major parts of items descriptions are not translated… So, I guess if I would be desperate for something that is only in amazon.de it would do, it’s better than what was before that’s for sure.

I would guess that this site is mainly for the Poles living in Germany. But really odd. I can’t imagine why Amazon doesn’t have a shop in Poland.