[Community Game] guess AGAIN these Thimbleweed Park locations and get the prizes! šŸŽ

Good, despite not having officially participated IĀ“m still very curious.

So, itā€™s YOU who correctly guessed that image that everyone else did not!

No. I donā€™t write the joke that came into my mind. Itā€™s hard to resist. But no, I donā€™t write it. Maybe.

:smirk::gun:

It involves dirty laundry doesnĀ“t itā€¦

1 Like

You have no idea how much copying-and-pasting this thing involves. :neutral_face:

Here are the solutions. Iā€™ll announce the winners in about an hour. :slight_smile:

Nobody got this thing:

(well, except for the mysterious out-of-contest participant)

Image 4:

Iā€™m blurring its description so that you can collectively try to guess it, if you want. :slight_smile:

Exploding head of the (only) hotel customer, caused by fear when he sees poltergeist events happening in the room.

Only one person got this:

Image 8:

Green light (turned off) above the jumper board inside the factory, just on the left of the archway where the killing robots can be seen.

This is not the light in the time clocks outside the factory, which is very similar but not identical.

Places correctly guessed only by two people

Image 34:

Windows of the train that is briefly shown at the trestle trail, when the player controls Boris.

All the other images

Image 1:

Quickie Pal bathroom door (closed) seen from the inside.

Image 2:

Phone in the lounge of the Edmund Hotel, just left of the elevator doors.

Image 3:

Grill on the wall of the factory antechamber, as seen in the cutscene when all the characters enter the factory.

Image 5:

In the hall of the Edmund Mansion mansion. Itā€™s the dome above the library doors.

Image 6:

This is the penthouse as seen from inside the elevator.

Image 7:

Painting that hides the safe in Chuckā€™s workshop in the Edmund Mansion mansion.

Image 9:

Nickel News, rainbow painted on the side of CopyTron3000.

Image 10:

Rocket on the floor of the wireframe version of Chuckā€™s workshop.

Image 11:

Hotel elevator: graffiti on the control panel.

Image 12:

Quickie Pal sign on the roof of Quickie Pal.

Image 13:

S&D Diner window as seen from B Street (not from Main Street).

Image 14:

Windows at the top of the Edmund Mansion mansion, as seen from outside the building, ā€œLooking Atā€ the building.

Image 15:

Delores room, cassette tape on the foreground table. Image taken during a cutscene (user interface doesnā€™t appear).

Image 16:

In the Edmund hotel hall, just above the revolving doors.

Image 17:

Trees at the far right of the trailhead, just before you enter the woods.

Image 18:

Vacuum tube shop cash register.

Image 19:

Monitor inside the factory, room in which a virus is installed into floppy disks.

Image 20:

Closed telephone box in the sewer, far left room from where the kidnapped agent wakes up.

Image 21:

Broken car at the left of circus entrance.

Image 22:

City limits sign in the wireframe world, on the highway.

Image 23:

This is the room that you reach after having gone through the giant fan in the factory. The image shows a gauge on PillowTron, far right of the room.

Image 24:

This is the phone in the Edmund Mansion mansion library. Itā€™s not a phone from the hotel or the phone in the circus backstage. Those phones have a red light/button in the lower right corner.

Image 25:

Lantern inside the occult book store, above the cash register.

Image 26:

Inside of the elevator, as seen from any floor from 3 to 12.

Image 27:

Right window at the top of the radio station, as seen from outside the building.

Image 28:

Itā€™s a graffiti on the wall of the secret room of the penthouse.

Image 29:

EASTER EGG - This image is never shown in the game. Itā€™s a section of the circus midway that has been cut during development.

Image 30:

Sign outside the gates of the Pillow Master factory, in the wireframe world.

Image 31:

TV program ā€œI love my catā€, shown in one of the monitors in Chuckā€™s offiss in the factory.

Image 32:

Lamplight at the far right of the bus station.

Image 33:

Water splashed/frozen by Franklin in the Edmund hotel fountain, in the hotel foyer.

Image 35:

Cemetery entrance on the highway. This is the column on the right.

Image 36:

Rock formation at the very left of the trestle trail (itā€™s where Willie was at the beginning of the game).

Image 37:

Outside Madame Morenaā€™s shop, back of the building.

Image 38:

Pigeon ā€œbrothersā€ van outside the Edmund hotel.

Image 39:

Ransome posters in the circus backstage room (itā€™s a bit different from the poster on the wall of Ransomeā€™s trailer.

Image 40:

Fence at the far right of A street, between the trashcan and the book store ā€œSaleā€ sign.

2 Likes

Donā€™t publish my results. They are tooā€¦ ehrmā€¦ good. :wink:

(The interesting thing is, that I guessed some images wrong. And the others I wasnā€™t sure about were right but I havenā€™t send them in. :slight_smile: So I losed twice. :wink: )

I really think that I would profoundly suck at this game if I should give the answers without playing TWP again. Guessing different adventure games is easier for me because even if I donā€™t recognize the specific image I could recognize the graphic style and that would help a lot. But several images from the same game would be quite difficult for me, because I donā€™t have a very good visual memory.

1 Like

Some of those were really extreme (most of all were you captured a single frame of animation obviously).

Maybe IĀ“ll try again when @PiecesOfKate has hers finished.

The interesting aspect of this game is that some images that I thought to be really tough were recognized by almost every contestant. And some images that I thought to be easy revealed to be quite difficult to recognize.

For example, that difficult skull image was the creepiest thing I saw in the game and I will not forget it very easily.

That one reaaaally bugged me! At first I thought it was one of the characters being electrocuted on the fence, then when I realised it wasnā€™t that I couldnā€™t work it out. Makes sense why I thought that now!

I am feeling smug about this though :grinning:

IsnĀ“t that blink-or-you-miss-it-short, though? Is there a gif of it to show how many frames it is visible?

IĀ“m guessing most people thought they knew what it was and submitted the wrong one. I would have, too!

Mineā€™s a trivia quiz, so a bit different. I donā€™t know if that helps or not :wink:

2 Likes

Good, I didnā€™t recognize the skull, and I swear to have seen the easter egg in the game :slight_smile:
I confused the Ransome poster, the green light.
I should have correctly guessed 35/40ā€¦

I love trivia! :smiley:

YouĀ“ve seen it on the forum, there was a thread about that cut part a while ago. I know right, the game and the forum start to blend in my mind too.

2 Likes

And rightly so!

Maybe, but the point is that I saw that animation several times. No way to miss that creepy thing.

Please donā€™t make trivia trivial.

2 Likes

I expect it to be profoundly profound.

Itā€™s in the art book.

Same here. But I couldnā€™t remember it. :slight_smile:

And now, the three winners of the competitionā€¦

And the winners areā€¦

Click HERE to reveal who the winners are

First place: @ZakPhoenixMcKracken ! (35 points) :1st_place_medal:

Second place: @PiecesOfKate ! (32 points) :2nd_place_medal:

Third place: @Mario ! (31 points) :3rd_place_medal:

Iā€™ll contact @Zak to ask him which games he wants from the nine prizes listed in the first post of this thread. After heā€™ll make his decision, Iā€™ll contact @PiecesOfKate and then @Mario .

Now, it wouldnā€™t be fair to end this competition without mentioning the out-of-contest player who got almost a full score.

38/40 score by @Nor_Treblig ! :medal_sports:

@Nor_Treblig sent to me extremely detailed descriptions of the places and the things shown in the images, adding even a few remarks that in my opinion novelized the answers a bit. :smiley:

Well done!

Of course, this outstanding result will reinforce some people opinion that he is somehow linked to the development of the game. :neutral_face:

Thanks for participating, folks! This will be the last game organized by me. Now, Iā€™ll just relax, lurk around a bit and wake up mainly when other people will organize other quizzes, so that it will finally be my turn to play. :smiley:

2 Likes

Congrats to the winners! :fireworks:

1 Like

Congrats to @ZakPhoenixMcKracken, @PiecesOfKate and @Mario and thanks to @LowLevel for all the work he put into this. You guys rock! :+1:

2 Likes