[Community Game] guess AGAIN these Thimbleweed Park locations and get the prizes! šŸŽ

This is a second round of the ā€œguess the placeā€ game. :slight_smile:

Here is how the game works: I show you 40 images of ā€œthingsā€ from Thimbleweed Park and for each of them you tell me IN WHICH EXACT LOCATION the game shows it.

If you want, you can play Thimbleweed Park and search for these locations. :slight_smile:

There is also a twist about a specific image, read the rules to discover what it is.

Rules

1. The game consists into telling me in which location I can see the ā€œthingā€ or from which location I can see it. You can use the expression ā€œas seen fromā€¦ā€ to be precise about it. Please, be detailed in the description of each place. If place X is very big and contains several sub-locations, I wonā€™t accept the generic answer ā€œitā€™s in place Xā€. Good detailed answers would be: ā€œItā€™s a glass on the rightmost table of the hotel hallā€ or ā€œItā€™s a gargoyle on the roof of the hotel as seen from the hotel exteriorā€.

2. Send to me a SINGLE :arrow_forward: PRIVATE :arrow_backward: message containing all your answers. Multiple messages will be ignored, only the first one counts.

3. For each correctly recognized and described place, you get a point. The top three people with the best scores will win something (see below).

4. Twist: one of the 40 images is an EASTER EGG and the game never shows it to the players. You get the point for this image if you tell me ā€œThis is the easter eggā€. There is only one easter egg, all the other images are shown in the game.

5. In case of a draw between two contestants, whoever was quicker to send me the answers will rank higher.

6. Please, please, please, please, please, DONā€™T comment in this public thread about any of the images, even if that comment seems harmless to you.

7. You have 96 hours (four days) to send me your answers (check the date and time of this post).

Prizes

This time we will have THREE WINNERS, as suggested by @Someone. Winners get Steam keys.

The person with the best score will choose three of the nine following games. The person with second-best score will choose three of the remaining six games. The person with the third-best score will get the remaining three games.

Here are the games (they are not PnC adventure games):

To get the Steam keys, the winners will need to give an email address to Humble Bundle.

A small advice to win the prizes

In the past, a similar game was won by somebody who submitted just two correct answers. You can win even if you recognize only a few places. Just give it a try, you have nothing to lose!

Here come the ā€œthingsā€ā€¦

IMPORTANT: Some ā€œthingsā€ have been resized to better show their details, so donā€™t make any assumption about the actual size of the ā€œthingsā€ in the game.

Image number 1:

Image number 2:

Image number 3:

Image number 4:

Image number 5:

Image number 6:

Image number 7:

Image number 8:

Image number 9:

Image number 10:

Image number 11:

Image number 12:

Image number 13:

Image number 14:

Image number 15:

Image number 16:

Image number 17:

Image number 18:

Image number 19:

Image number 20:

Image number 21:

Image number 22:

Image number 23:

Image number 24:

If the following picture confuses youā€¦ good. Just remember that the game consists into associating a place to what you see.

Image number 25:

Image number 26:

Image number 27:

Image number 28:

Image number 29:

Image number 30:

Image number 31:

Image number 32:

Image number 33:

Image number 34:

Image number 35:

Image number 36:

Image number 37:

Image number 38:

Image number 39:

Image number 40:

1 Like

Too much difficult this timeā€¦

Are some of these supposed to be jokes?! :crazy_face:

And nice to see you obviously outlived your trauma concerning number 11 :stuck_out_tongue:

Why oh why do I have to live in a world where I have to hear variations of that sentence more than once?!

Oooooh yay! Another fun picture quiz.

:innocent: But itā€™s your bedtime.

:japanese_ogre: Donā€™t listen to him - you can sleep tomorrow.

2 Likes

There will be three winners, this time. So itā€™s a bit easier to get a prize. :slight_smile:

1 Like

But what if @Nor_Treblig wins? He has three heads!

4 Likes

Thatā€™s why the winner gets three games.

1 Like

Anyway, regardless of how easy or difficult it will be for the contestants, remember that there are four days until the game is over.

In this way it should be easier to find the time to visit Thimbleweed Park and search for those images. :slight_smile:

Is this explicitly allowed? Wouldnā€™t it be ā€œcheatingā€? :slight_smile:

I used to do the biographical puzzle in german ā€œDie Zeitā€ magazine. Finding the solution included looking people up in a dictionary that might fit and finally arriving (or not) at the correct person. IĀ“d compare it with that.

1 Like

Yes, itā€™s allowed. My main goal was to give everyone yet another opportunity to visit Thimbleweed Park again. :slight_smile:

People were also free to play the game in the previous round of this contest and, despite this, no official contestant got the full score.

2 Likes

CouldnĀ“t you have waited a week until I have my PS4 :frowning:

You can play TWP anyway, in your favorite electrical appliance. It runs flawlessly in my Philips iron.

1 Like

Mmhh, maybe IĀ“ll try thisā€¦

I actually have this.

See? Thatā€™s perfect to show the S&D Diner room.

2 Likes

Fun fact, my family most likely bought that thing right around the time the game takes place and the company went out of business a couple of years later. So itĀ“s really old and really precious. Unfortunatly one of the tubes (I think the blue one) is broken, maybe Delores can help me out with thisā€¦

I wanted to ask: how crap are the games/prizes? Thatā€™s just what I have left in my Humble Bundle account and I have no idea if there is something good among them.

I know (and like) ā€œPoker Night at the Inventoryā€ and ā€œSpaceChemā€. But I donā€™t know the others very well.

Same here. The Bone should be good, same for Thomas. I played Thomas for a few minutes and it seemed to be a minimalistic but fun platformer.

But donā€™t worry: The games arenā€™t crap and itā€™s really great that you spend the keys!

Kinda disappointed that TumbleSeed isnĀ“t a Thimbleweed Park ripp-off game.

No idea, donā€™t think Iā€™ve heard of any of them. I donā€™t play it for the prizes anyway though ā€“ I just like the challenge. Having said that, some of the ones on offer last time did pique my interest ā€“ but I doubt anyone expects you to fork out for amazing prizes.

Iā€™m debating whether to replay the game to find the images this time. It still feels like thatā€™s cheating! I think Iā€™ll play ā€˜hardā€™ mode again.

:innocent:

:japanese_ogre: actually these ones are so tantalising Iā€™m just going to open the gameā€¦