Debunk famous unsolved mysteries! šŸ—æ

I like that! Though used out loud it must sound a bit pretentious :laughing: or like Comic Book Guy! (which probably came to mind because you wrote it)

Now I know the truth. :neutral_face:

You liar! (spoiler for who havenā€™t played Zak McKracken yet)

immagine

Itā€™s all real, and you know it! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This ā€œune fauxā€:
:scream:

1 Like

Also, Leslie and Melissa made a mess and didnā€™t clean up in 1997 they didnā€™t have a broom to do so . So it makes sense the 2001 photograph is less clear.

2 Likes

SAILING STONES (Death Valley National Park, California)

The mystery behind these rocks is that they are sliding, walking, moving for an apparently inexplicable reason.
They look like living stones.
They slide across the floor of a dry lake bed all on their own, leaving trails of their movements.

Some hypothesis: magnetic force, psychic energy, interventions of alien spacecraft.

The real scientific reason was discovered only in 2014, I will write it later.

5 Likes

I know that oneā€¦
So just for fun: they have tiny legs and are actual animals. The species is now named Livingstone after the historical person and because of the word pun.

3 Likes

There is also a famous picture around where a dog has a stick in his mouth.

Dito. :wink:

Canā€™t someone post a mystery that I donā€™t know? :wink:

Yes.
When I moved, in 2005, in my new apartment, I had a box which contained my favourite original games:

• Zak McKracken And The Alien Mindbenders (Amiga)
  • Loom (Amiga)

They disappeared, Iā€™ve never ever found them!
Solve this mistery for meā€¦ pleaseā€¦

3 Likes

Some mysteries will remain the sekrit of the great mighty eBay.

I love Zak McKracken And The Alien Mindbenders game, Iā€™m quite bizzare, but Iā€™m not so insane to spend over 700 ā‚¬ to purchase a USED copyā€¦

1 Like

A few possibilities:

• Somebody stole them - and nothing else from your apartmentā€¦
  • You lent them to a friend and forgot about it, and that friend never returned the games for whatever reason
  • (Zak McKracken spoiler) You thought you had hidden them safely under a floorboard in your bedroom, but that was actually the route to the secret room! And then Al the Alien put them in his artefact cupboard!
3 Likes

Sometimes we have to make a big offering to our beloved and mighty god of retro computing. Donā€™t let him be angry!

• Itā€™s still in his apartment and he will find the box when he completely forgot about it.
2 Likes

:angel:

I really hope you find them back, @ZakPhoenixMcKracken!
I similarily misplaced DoTT and S&MHTR CDs

2 Likes

If you and @ZakPhoenixMcKracken can exclude that a relative has thrown the games (accidentally) away then they still have to be there somewhere. In most cases where I have missed something, the thing in question appeared at a place where I havenā€™t thought of. For example I put a box in a bigger box with other stuff and totally forgot about that fact. In Zakā€™s case we have to consider that the movers might have lost something.

1 Like

Credits for that one go to the snopes.com though, they had a category there for years with that name. :slight_smile:

Hah! That was the next one I was going to post! No I have to think of a new oneā€¦

1 Like

Is it something to do with whatā€™s going on under the ground?

Yesā€¦

Under? Are You sure? IsnĀ“t the ice above ground?

2 Likes

Maybe he means under the rocksā€¦?

1 Like