Discourse and the "can't give more likes" message

I logged in a few minutes ago for the first time this day, gave round about five “likes” and now Discourse is telling me that I haven’t enough likes left.

Does anybody know which time zone Discourse is using (regarding the likes)? Can I set my time zone somewhere?

I assume that Discourse is using one of the US time zones. Then it would make sense that I only have a few likes left…

2 Likes

Isn’t it just the past 24 hours rather than anything timezone-ish?

1 Like

But when do these 24 hours start? It can’t be at my login - otherwise I would have much more likes left.

I mean 24 hours ago in the sense of yesterday at 12:14.

1 Like

But doesn’t say the message that I have no more likes today? :thinking:

1 Like

But it also says “try again in x hours” (where x was something like 2 to 4 when it happened to me).

1 Like

Hm… yes, could be. I’ll spend my last likes and report. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m sure I often leave more than 5 likes a day, but discourse never scolded me.
Are you sure you didn’t misbehave?

1 Like

5 or 50? >_>

Edit: Official Thimbleweed Park Forums

1 Like

Ah ok :grin:
Yeah, I’ve never LOVED so much in a day!

Yes.

But you should, because:

“Likes affect post rankings (undocumented) (Top, external comments etc.)” Source

1 Like

Interesting… I just woke up with an ‘Out of Love’ badge that discourse granted an hour ago. I was catching up on a few threads yesterday so I must have hit 50 likes without realizing it .

1 Like

Looks like @Someone has the next level badge already: Official Thimbleweed Park Forums

Ah, the Steve Winwood badge… doubt I’ll be getting that one.

3 Likes

It’s not only about the “likes”. There seem to be other features that depend on the time. Again, the problem is the lack of a manual or a documentation. (And that’s a no-go in software development.)

1 Like

It’s a hidden achievement. :wink:

1 Like

After 1000 days, Disco-Bot grants you The Manual™

4 Likes

I don’t give a hoot (*)

(*) just learnt expression :blush:

5 Likes

Why you people like so much? To let people know you read their post?I mostly only like post that I think really deserve it. Like with the Nobel price. I mean you wouldn’t give that one to any Orange small handed weirdo. Right? Right?

4 Likes

I’ve searched the Discourse source code. In the language files I’ve found the setting:

max_likes_per_day: "Maximum number of likes per user per day."

and the error message:

create_like: "You’ve reached the maximum number of likes. Please wait %{time_left} before trying again."

But both strings doesn’t seem to be used in the source code. I’m a little bit confused at the moment, but maybe @eviltrout can enlighten us? :slight_smile:

1 Like