Famous people in the phonebook

There’s Michael “Smudo” Schmidt in the phonebook. He’s a member of the biggest german hip hop band “Die Fantastischen Vier” (translated The Fantastic Four)

Are there even more publicly known persons?

4 Likes

Dave Grossman (with audio recording) and Tim Schafer. And some devs, but they’re in the project, so I don’t know if you can count them in your request.

1 Like

I would´ve loved it so much if there was a George Lucas phone number and when you call it, it plays a soundclip of him saying “Jar Jar is the key to all of this”.

1 Like

You are kidding me, right? Need to check that immediatelly.

Smudo seems to be a big adventure game fan. He had a cameo as Cowboy Dodo in Goodbye Deponia as well.

Muhahaha
Just heard it, hilarious :joy:

Here is a list from another board: https://forums.doublefine.com/topic/17142-thimbleweed-park-phone-number-share/

[quote]So far I’ve noticed LucasArts alum (and sometimes TP staff):

Gary Winnick: 4513
Mark Ferrari: 8442
David Fox: 8638
Noah Falstein: 1718
Dave Grossman: 1574

And TP Staff:

Jenn Sandercock (programmer): 3575
Lauren Davidson (writer): 2546
Robert Megone (tester): 4762
Malcom Stead (Xbox port): 8836

There’s a few other names (like Ron Gilbert, Tim Schafer, Octavi Navarro - TP’s art) but their numbers are out of order and have no answerphone message (greyed out in the phone book).[/quote]

[quote]
Well, you got most of them, I think. I could add Ex-Telltaler Harrison G. Pink of course (2588).

Also happy to find Serena Nelson (8068) in there.[/quote]

One of these will actually lead you to a hidden item in one of the hotel rooms!

3 Likes

If I remember correctly, there’s also a famous Annie impersonated by the lady who inspired that character…

There is also Annie Fox (aka Annie Larris, the girl in Zak McKracken, the real wife of David Fox): 1307.

“If this is the Zak McKracken who keeps leaving messages for Annie Larris, you sound like a sweet guy, but I’m not the Annie you’re looking for. Don’t give up. I’m sure you’ll find her. It’s destiny. For everyone else, please leave a message.”

4 Likes

Famous names, not sure if real or not

1890 Neil Cicierega
2752 Nina Matsumoto (spacecoyotl)

Not famous but I found amusing:

some of the most amusing ones are in spanish so I lucked out I guess haha

It`s a good feeling to have something in common with Smudo :joy:

My favorite is David Fox. See ya!

So… did YOU stop calling?

No way, i continue calling. It’s my destiny :slight_smile:

There’s a Swiss guy who proposed to his girlfriend via voicemail! :slight_smile:
I don’t know the number anymore but it’s near a number used for the game (maybe the lawyer or the bank) and it’s in Swiss-german anyway. Wonder what happened…

7002 was pretty funny!

This is a message from me in the future to myself in the past. Warning! Do not marry beeep. When a nice Asian girl called beeep in the club beeep is asking whether you would like to dance, just say peeeep, give a peeeep on peeeeep and just go away. This will save thousands of discussions and millions of termination pay. In case it’s not me, just leave a message after the beeep

2 Likes

I found the same guy when looking up names of Kickstarter backers who got in-game items.
It was Philippe & Michèle Rymann: 2312

1 Like

This was a very funny voice message @ZakPhoenixMcKracken originally found:
Jihan Joo: 2112

3 Likes

Exactly, that was them! :smile::+1:

It’s still the funniest so far!

I don’t remember it, but I know it was one of the first I called since 2112 is my favorite Rush album :metal:

1 Like