Gamescom 2017 report: upcoming adventure games

The website Adventure Gamers, in partnership with the German site Adventure Corner, has published the first part of a report of the upcoming adventure games shown at Gamescom 2017, held in Cologne a few weeks ago.

Among the games cited in the article, I’m looking forward to the comedy-horror game “The Season of the Warlock”, which impressed me in the past and that unfortunately didn’t reach its goal in a Kickstarter campaign. Here is the old Kickstarter video, when the game was still named “The Weird Story of Waldemar The Warlock”:

Other games cited in the report:

Tokyo Dark:

The Inner World: The Last Wind Monk:

Unforeseen Incidents:

Another Lost Phone: Laura’s Story :

This one interests me a lot, it’s a sequel of the mobile game “A Normal Lost Phone”:

Jennifer Wilde :

The Almost Gone :

(it’s visually similar to “Monument Valley”)

To get more info on the games, read the report on Adventure Gamers.

2 Likes

The website Adventure Gamers, in partnership with the German site Adventure Corner, has published the second part of a report of the upcoming adventure games shown at Gamescom 2017, held in Cologne a few weeks ago.

I’ll show you just the main videos and graphics of the games. Head to the website to read all the information about them.

Some of the following game are traditional PnC adventure games while others are more modern kinds of adventure games.

Call of Cthulhu :

(clearly inspired by the novels of Edgar Allan Poe)

Detective Gallo :

(nice music and graphics!)

Orwell: Ignorance is Strength :

(it seems some kind of political game)

Jengo :

(old-school adventure game with a lot of references to the classics)

Unknown Fate :

(exploration + puzzle solving in a surreal 3D environment)

Inmates :

(exploration + puzzle solving + horror stuff)

My Memory of Us :

(more a puzzle platformer than an adventure game)

Forgotton Anne :

(more a platformer than an adventure game, but the story and the anime style are intriguing)

You can find more information about all games in the AdventureGamers article.

3 Likes

I still hope this is not gonna be a Resident Evil 7 clone. I´m not holding my hopes up, though.

You already got your yearly dose of Lovecraft games playing “The Darkside Detective”.

I like the style of My Memory of Us, the trailer was scary!

I’m not really a fan of anime style but Forgotton Anne looks also a lot like a Disney fairy tale, nice!

I loved the part where Dooley barely escaped from being devoured by the Shoggots, but then turned into a Deep One after he read from the book Of Eibon…

… is available: