Hints for LucasArts games

Oh, sorry! :laughing: I was in a rush when I replied to that.

1 Like

I figured!

So, how is MI2 progressing? Need any hints? :smile:

Not yet :smile: I’m really enjoying it. It’s opened up a lot but there’s lots to investigate, and I have all sorts of funky items in my inventory, tee hee.

1 Like

well enjoy it… this must be generally accepted as THE best part in THE best game.

2 Likes

You should realise that to criticize is a pointless exercise. :wink:

and yes I spelled one of them with a z

3 Likes

It’s helpful when you get back to the game after some time, e.g. when you can only play on weekends or even more infrequent.

People requested even some kind of flashbacks when resuming a game after some while (“What happened last time in Thimbleweed Park…”). That may be one reason Ron added those ToDo lists (and even this current implementation was a lot of work).

Like ‘hasard azzezzment’? :smiley:

3 Likes

You know, the first time I’ve seen you on this forum, I thought that your name derived from… her!

Yeah, it’s a funny coincidence :smile:

Actually, she was named after me.

1 Like

But why did you think she was a guy, though? :thinking:

Pissa with friez makes me think of you guyz.

3 Likes

It was after she had written something here, I got confused and thought she was a male.

1 Like

Pissa with friez makez me zhiver.
Don’t remind me of this monßtroßity! (I’ve nearly successfully suppressed my memory of it :slightly_smiling_face:.)

2 Likes

Don’t worry, I rezizted the urge to pozt a picture of it thiz week when I had both leftover pissa and friez in the fridge for lunch.

Hmmm… I bet the forum would love it if I combined theze two!! :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

I cannot be the only one here who´s been there and done that after one of those nights of too much beer/booze/pot and/or all of those.

1 Like

I’m not saying the concept isn’t helpful. The diary in TLJ was an excellent example. Dialog scrollback is also cheap but fairly effective. Or you can just do it like RTS/FPS games have done since the late '90s, like in Telltale and Dreamfall Chapters.

I’m saying that the TWP implementation in particular wasn’t helpful because it didn’t actually keep track of anything, except perhaps in the beginning where you had to get some stuff for those tubetron things.

I know American fridges are huge, but that someone could have lunch in them!? What’s next? Drive-In fridges?

We’d expect no less in a P&C adventure game forum.

6 Likes

Hey @seguso we have an excellent suggestion for an easter egg in your adventure game. Can you program “Use fries with pizza” as an option? And if you do that command, you get called a low life.

For the record I thought about it, but did not act upon it. I only ate the plain pizza.

2 Likes

At this point, let’s go all the way and have “use pineapples with pizza”. That could be an alternate way to defeat Dracula.

Or we can have both. I am not stingy wrt the ways to be called a lowlife :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Use garlic with pizza
Give pizza to Dracula

3 Likes

nice idea! I had indeed thought of “search vegetables to defeat dracula”, to make it a bit less obvious, but I had a couple better ways. But who knows, maybe in the sequel!

1 Like