Official Thimbleweed Park Forums

How to free Willie?

I haven’t payed attention to the achievements in The Cave, so I can’t say something about hat. But …

… in my opinion achievements are there to reward the player for something special. For example if he solves a puzzle in an extreme clever way. Achievements are not there for tracking purposes: I can see my progress in the game already. I don’t need achievements for trivial things like reaching the second part of the game. (I see that I’m in the second part. There is a big sign “Part 2”. And new artwork. And completely other situations.)

Too slow. I posted it in a spoiler higher up… :joy:

Yeah, but I don’t care much about the gamer’s side, but I like to check them out for statistical purposes.

(I rarely play games on Steam and I use GOG Galaxy only when I want to download older versions of games [a lot of games don’t support achievements there anyway, like TWP].)

In my opinion, in games where players can get stuck for a long time, reaching a new chapter of the story might be considered an achievement. Personally, I don’t care about this kind of achievements but other players might.

Yes, but I though it first.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yeah, The Walking Dead games have this kind of achievements. Finished chapter xyz… They could have left the achievements out on this level. They are just kind of alibi.
Witcher 3 has good achievements, TWP (not on GOG) has nice ones. Actually most of the adventure games I played on GOG that have achievements have interesting ones, that honour unusual decisions.

Why? The achievement is reaching the new chapter. :slight_smile: It’s even a greater achievement than a little badge or symbol.

Ouch.

To be completely honest I don’t really bother with them, I quite like them in platform games like Crash on PS4, But some of the trophies are a complete bore to do (generally not TP- my version from GOG doesn’t have them), and then it ends up feeling a bit ‘chore-ish’ I mean I got the dust joke fine but even I couldn’t be bothered to hunt down what is it 75 of them?