Keyboard shortcuts?

To me, the elevator music was so perfect for that role that I enjoyed that atmosphere. I never felt the need to make that experience shorter.

4 Likes

As a clown I wanted to pass the item I got from Willie. I didn’t try any other item because I had no reason to do that. And I only tried those two feds. I didn’t think of a possible bug.

In meantime I could give everything to Ray as Rayes or Dolores.

That’s a terrible idea! People can work around that by reusing save slots. What you should do is charge for each use of the save or load button.

4 Likes

Hi Ron,

Great game!, I 'd love to use the game to learn German (by switching languages all the time in game). Since the text language changes really easy in options. Could you add a shortcut to change the language without going to options?. This would make this game perfect to learn new languages.

I tried by modifying the Prefs.json file, although I don’t see it’s implemented.

Thank you.

3 Likes
  1. I don’t know of a simple or already built-in way to do this.
  2. It’s unlikely that Ron will add new features to the game.
  3. But: You can use 3rd party software to execute macros, see following example :

On Windows you can use AutoHotKey with a script like this to switch between languages:

TWP.ahk
!c::ChangeTwpLanguage(5)
!v::ChangeTwpLanguage(1)

ChangeTwpLanguage(count)
{
	; open menu
	Send ^o
	Sleep 10

; enter sub menu 'Text and Speech', assuming focus on first menu item
	Send {Down}
	Sleep 10
	Send {Down}
	Sleep 10
	Send {Down}
	Sleep 10
	Send {Down}
	Sleep 10
	Send {Down}
	Sleep 10
	Send {Enter}
	Sleep 100

; select language menu item
	Send {Up}
	Sleep 10
	Send {Down}
	Sleep 10
	; change language
	Send {Enter %count%}
	Sleep 10

; exit sub menu 'Text and Speech'
	Send {Down}
	Sleep 10
	Send {Enter}
	Sleep 10

; move focus back to first menu item
	Send {Down}
	Sleep 10

; close menu
	Send ^o
}

When I made this I ran into following issues:
As you can see I’ve added sleeps everywhere to prevent timing issues.
Also I had to made assumptions about the currently focused menu item.

With Alt+C and Alt+V you can change the language back and forth.
Note: Do not move the mouse cursor when changing the language because it will mess with the menu selection.

6 Likes

WOW, thank you very much Nor_Treblig. It works well. Now I can learn at the same time that enjoy this great game. :smiley:

2 Likes

Good to know it works!

2 Likes

Thank to you @Nor_Treblig I enjoyed the game a lot more while I was learning German. The game is hilarious and I recommend it to anyone who is learning a new language. Ideally this should be standard in adventure games with a built in solution.

And thanks @RonGilbert for making this awesome game and make it easy to change languages.

I will use it again in the future with French :smiley:

5 Likes

Awesome!

French is tough, but when you are done with it you could start learning Italian which should be as “easy” as German, and: At this time there will be a chance you could even play it with Italian voices!
(Too bad there aren’t French voices, it would help a lot with the pronunciation.)

4 Likes