Let's play...Sega games!

In German it actually means “winner” (Sieger).
As in the first one to finish off…? :woman_facepalming:

Why even bother recording gameplay?

Are there emulators that allow playing multiplayer over the Internet?

It would be cool to make some kind of TWP forum retro-gaming tournament :smiley:

2 Likes

Many of these re-releases do, I believe. There should be something we could find to play together. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’d be interested to see how well people play certain games. And it works as evidence for speed-run claims :wink:

There are, but they’re often quite different from the originals. Tetris for example is SHITE. All jazzed up, ‘modernised’ and made ten times more complicated.

But if we can find good ones that are faithful to the original I’d be up for that :slight_smile:

I’d still like to do single-player challenges too though.

15 years ago I took part to a 4D-Sports / Stunts competition. It was very cool.

In fact, it’s still ongoing: http://zak.stunts.hu/ let’s make a TWP team :stuck_out_tongue: but I’m going off-topic, this is a DOS game.

2 Likes

I :heart: DOS. My first OS! Start a DOS thread.

3 Likes

I gave it a few shots… I got 31 seconds the first time. I remember that I once got 29 seconds…
This is the best I could do now:
fastest speedrun 30 seconds
with 100 rings 44 seconds

Sorry, I couldn’t record video with my phone whilst playing. It is an actual Sega Megadrive, not an emulation on the PC, which would be easier to capture video on.
I bought an RGB cable from https://www.retrogamingcables.co.uk to match the image quality I get from the HDMI output of the mini SNES.

3 Likes

That’s pretty good going! I’ll do mine tonight.

*flexes fingies*

2 Likes

You know, I’ve always been looking for stuff to try on my RetroPie. I never played it, so it might be an interesting idea.

Is it for the Genesis/MegaDrive, isn’t it?

Yeah, the Gamegear/Master System version is a completly different game.

Downloaded and fired up :smiley: 38 seconds on my second run ever. It’s not the kind of game I like, but I like the challenge

Yay! Yeah it’s not my favourite either but a good one for speedruns. I don’t usually like games where you’re encouraged to rush through it, but if there’s a challenge involved…

I’m itching to do mine now. Trying to work out if I can be bothered to get my Mega Drive down from the loft of if I just play it on the Pie. I think efficiency may prevail over nostalgia, heh.

Now, you can’t cheat on the Pie, can you? Like freezing the clock…. Or saving states, which would be so useful for the finish-the-game-with-all-emeralds challenge. That challenge is a real tough one. It requires not rushing through because you need to get to end with enough rings and solve the different spinning mazes of hell. I’m up for it, but only if I know there’s at least one other lunatic trying to do the same.

Well I haven’t tried, of course :angel: but probably.

As long as everyone is honest enough not to employ cheats, we’ll be fine.

Oh yeah. I doubt very much I’ll do it, but it’d be fun to try! But that’s why I think it might be best saved for an ultimate finale challenge, once we’ve done some others first.

So, the collection has an option to put up to 16 games into favourites. So I guess those will be added for a start. :slight_smile:

Maybe I´ll do a lengthly try-out video of the whole collection when I have the time (probably skipping the RPGs that take to long to get going, so I be passing on all games that want me to enter a name first).

1 Like

Well those were kind of nostalgia triggers more than anything else - but Toejam and Earl is definitely one of my favourites :slightly_smiling_face:

That´s one I at least heard of before. And I like the general idea even if it seems a bit confusing at the beginning.

And I played a little of Kid Chamelon at our local supermarket back in the day so that was certainly familar as well.

But seing me playing a Mario game and a Sonic game next to each other would be a difference like day and night in terms of displayed skills. :sweat:

I’m the same in reverse. When I watch people play Mario it looks so easy, but I really struggle! Especially with those bloody flag bits at the end of levels.

There are not much different than the giant rings in Sonic you get after having at least 50 at the ends of levels. Exept you can´t forget jumping up to them…ahem…

:rofl: