Let's talk about Amiga computers!

I remember this! As a kid, I really liked this song.
Hmm… :notes: …yep, still haven’t got tired of it :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Do you know this frog?
I heard the song on the radio today by chance (and was going to post in song-mood of the day, but since we’re talking frogs anyway)

4 Likes

No, I’ve never seen him before! You’ve just put a massive smile on my face :grin:
Ok, Sushi, do you know these frogs?

(This is already my fave off-topic topic :blush: )

4 Likes

No, I don’t. I know Paul McCartney (though I didn’t hear him there). And that bear with the red jacket and yellow shawl looks awfully familiar. I have a very faint memory of him… is it Rupert??

Perhaps we should create a topic for joy-bringing frogs, then!
:smile:

2 Likes

My autocomplete suggested McKracken there… :thinking:

4 Likes

Yes, it is! I also vaguely remember him.

I think we’ve probably covered the most important ones already :wink:

2 Likes

Oh, but do you know how many somgs Kermit did?
And we can always go off-topic there when we run out of songs, like on old computers or so.

2 Likes

Apparently it is a very old bear (98 years)!

I sid some searching and I think I only know him from playing this game when I was wee-little.

2 Likes

Ok then, go ahead. I can hardly stop you :joy:
And we can let this thread return to discussions of obsolete, I mean nostalgic computers. :wink:

2 Likes

I know Bruintje Beer (Rupert Bear), though I don’t remember it much. He was on TV in the early '90s.

1 Like

Of all the songs with Dio on vocals that is certainly the most random to hear on the radio (except maybe something by Ronnie and the Redcaps) but I heard before that it was a hit in belgium actually.

must be true
My parents were/are Deep Purple fans, so I must have gotten to know the song through them too somehow (as it predates my own existence with quite some years)

I also found a live video of the complete rock opera it’s supposed to be part of (without RJ Dio, starting around 1:01:30 and as encore at 1:17:20)
More recent one with Dio

That video is special because it features Ian Gillan singing for the absent Dio on Sitting In A Dream. It was his comeback performance after a two year absence. His hair is short and the good response inspired him to go back to touring.

Did anyone here manage to connect to the internet with their Amiga? :slight_smile:
I’m trying to do this for some while and might have finally got the connection to work, but I don’t have a working browser yet. My OS is WBClassic. Any recommendations?

I don’t have an Amiga but I understand NetSurf is available for it. I think it’s pretty decent, on Linux anyway.

http://www.netsurf-browser.org/downloads/amiga/

Thanks, that one looks good. I don’t have Amiga OS4 yet, maybe I will give it a try.

Maybe the most funny chess board game, on Amiga, was Battle Chess.
There were different animations for each piece.
The tower was a stone monster :smiley:
Here you can watch all those hilarious animations:

3 Likes

Yes, but the long loading times were annoying. And the A.I. wasn’t that clever… :slight_smile:

I never had this impression… I wonder why… :grimacing:

(I’m realizing I sucked at most games I played back then… :smile:)

2 Likes

Neither did I. Though I guess it makes a difference if you played Battle Chess to win, or just to watch some of the more spectacular combinations, no matter the cost :smile:.

I never got the hang of Jump 'n Runs or Shoot 'em Ups. Spent a lot of time with racing games, though. I guess with latter it was far easier to get initially pleasing results (i.e. finishing the race), and then you could improve upon that, while with the others you’d die and die and die numerous times before you even managed to beat them, if ever.

The only Jump 'n Run I was halfway good at was The Great Gianna Sisters, but the first to actually make it to the end had been my Cousin, and not me, despite the fact she only visited once in a while.

2 Likes