Let's talk about Indiana Jones & Fate of Atlantis

2 Likes

I donā€™t know, that guy seems a bit too smart.

He only thinks heĀ“s smart, alcohol makes you self-concious.

I wish I could do the same. The closest I got in my recent playthrough of Fate of Atlantis was the realization that Iā€™d either never played all the way through the Fists path, or forgot the puzzles unique to that particular path.

So years and years and years ago I went to this place:

Where I saw that guy:

Not taking note how much (at least from the right angle) it looks like this place:

3 Likes

AFAIR Ron stated somewhere that Mark hadnā€™t used this as an inspiration. :slight_smile:

Itā€™s because you didnā€™t go there by night:

(otherwise you would have recognised the rodents)

2 Likes

It should be nice to gather all these parallel images in a permament thread. There are several of this kind, scattered here and there.

What I remember him saying is that he usually sees pictures that are altered in a way so they clook more similiar to each other than they actually are. I agree that it is a heavy stretch since almost none of the details match.

It was a concert so of course it was dark when I left. :slight_smile:

Donā€™t want to open a new topic just for this, but if the Digital Antiquarian is covering Fate of Atlantis thatā€™s definitely of interest. (Even more so after having to sit through months of posts about the history of Windows). So without further ado:

https://www.filfre.net/2018/09/indiana-jones-and-the-fate-of-atlantis-or-of-movies-and-games-and-whether-the-twain-shall-meet/

1 Like

ā€œZak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders, the rather less satisfying second SCUMM game.ā€

Thatā€™s blasphemy!

2 Likes

Itā€™s an opinion. A wrong one from my perspective, but right on the nail for somebody else.

2 Likes

I thought Zak was more satisfying, even though Maniac Mansion felt more like you were in a living world.

But above all, even though they are pre-Monkey Island there arenā€™t that many 30-year-old games that hold up that well.

2 Likes