Like feature on Discourse (was: Tiangong-1 decay)

“Access Blocked”
…now that’s the most unusual reason I’ve seen my workplace computer give :stuck_out_tongue:

okthen

(I don’t think they log access attempts.)

Could you download the pic and upload it here so I can see it plz?

EDIT: nevermind, it’s displaying now. But that description is funny. I learned a new word today :poop:

1 Like

Discourse downloads every pic automatically. So you only have to wait some seconds.

1 Like

Why should they eat pieces of metal!

There’s plenty of softer pieces of plastic in all the seas!

Antidote for @tasse-tee:

3 Likes

There are other interesting projects too. I can’t find the system developed in Germany but this seems to work similar:

3 Likes

“Hey Georgie, wanna have a smoke? We all smoke down here, we all smoke!”

1 Like

That’s what you think!
Your personnel file contains some recently learned words now…like “devoted” and “behavior”

1 Like

We all live in a yellow submarine O-c-lean :notes:
(and back to this topic again…!)

I’m kind of suburbs, but yeah definitely longer than that.

*removes pirate hat and gives it to @tasse-tee *

Hm, this is familiar…

2 Likes

Arrrr! I be Cap’n Katie! Now help me salvage the space wreck, or ye shall all walk the plank! :skull_and_crossbones:

5 Likes

1 Like

I thought so from the photo. The hotel we stayed during our week was also in a suburb but I can´t remember which one(it had a tube station, though).

It’s not a proper ‘suburb’ if there’s a tube station :wink: did it have a London postcode?

Well it seemed really small. The hotel was a “Master Brewer” if I´m not mistaken and has since been torn down.

I guess tube lines are stretching further out these days so it is possible. I just make that association automatically :slightly_smiling_face: I don’t want a tube line here though.

= 20 years ago. :grimacing:

I just checked. It was Hillingdon where we stayed(Freezelandway, Western Ave.), which wikipedia calls a suburban area. :slight_smile:

Oh. Heh.

How dare you Wikipedia!

And it was Hillingdon Station we used to get into the city to…

Great @discourse you have problem with me talking to @PiecesOfKate too much but the fact that we stopped talking about a space station that fell from the sky long ago and now changed the subject to London suburbs and tube stations is okay with you, hm?

2 Likes

Oddly I’ve never heard of Hillingdon, yet it’s close to areas I do know. Knowing me I’ve probably been there and forgotten.

I’m waiting for my spanking too :smile:

Talking of Discourse I’ve noticed the ‘likes’ count button has changed. It’s just a digit now.

1 Like

It´s also such a nicely british sounding name. Weird that I had forgotten it for the longest time…

Huh? Are likes anonymous now? Why @eviltrout?

1 Like

You can click on the number and it’ll show who liked them. We’re still experimenting with this new UX - you can participate here: Suppressing the word "likes" on posts - ux - Discourse Meta

4 Likes