How is the weather (right now)

Exactly! Imagine if the lyric was ‘yesterDAY, all my troubles seemed so far aWAY’!

This will be my evidence, should we ever have a heated discussion about it.

3 Likes

Yeah that would change the melody too. Just ask people to hum it and point out the corresponding syllable where they should have gone up but didn´t obviously.

1 Like

Do you have a skylight?

In my area we can have snow even in April. So no need to worry. At least you have snow. Wish we had some. btw: Nice suburb(?). :slight_smile:

Temperatures? :slight_smile:

No fear of hot lava streams in your front yard? :slight_smile:

Maybe it’s because you own a such high house that the clouds don’t get over it? :wink: But also: Nice landscape. (Now I would like to emigrate to the UK. Damn Brexit.)

I smell a new blog post here…

Haha. I’m writing one right now but not about that. I’ll add it to the list! And make sure my colleague doesn’t read it…

1 Like

Better you never listen to Max Pezzali’s songs then, if you want to learn how to say Italian words :joy::joy:
He’s famous to change the accents on his songs, to better match the rhymes.

2 Likes

That sounds annoying!

1 Like

ahem
If you arrive by the end of 2020, you’ll be able to settle here permanently.
That’s the short version :wink: (long version here)

Anyway… it’s still raining here.

Until they haven’t signed everything I’m a little bit skeptic… :thinking:

Doesn’t matter. I have sunny thoughts … :wink:

1 Like

Awww man, but that song of his that you posted was so catchy!!
I might try learning some Italian some time. It’s a nice-sounding language :smile:

1 Like
1 Like

I would gladly give you our snow if I could. :slightly_smiling_face:

I think this is the first time I’ve ever seen snow in April (I keep getting that Prince song in my head!), and that’s been about 20 winters around here.

I live in one* of the outer boroughs. That picture makes it look like an idyllic suburb with the fresh snow coating everything, but it’s really not.

*HINT: not Staten Island.

1 Like

From the brick houses I´d have said something on the eastern island. But outer boroughs…hmm.

1 Like

At the moment I took that picture 17-19 Celsius degrees.

No, there’s no need to fear that. I’ve got it all worked out!

I’ll put the tomato sauce and other fresh ingredients at the moment, you know, for a better result.
:stuck_out_tongue:

Now getting serious… According to the most recent studies, eruption awaited from Mount Vesuvius is an explosive one, it means that the volcano will emit lava mainly by explosion. Here where I live I’m out of the red zone, far enough to be safe from explosions. Besides, what you see in my photo above is part of a more ancient volcanic cone, known as Mt. Somma.
somma-vesuvio
The only risk is represented by ashes (if wind will blow in this direction), that like snow could fall on roofs and overload them. But I plan to completely rebuild the roof this year (it already needed to undergo mainteinance) to fit the loads according to the advices of the National Institute of Geophysics and Vulcanology (maximum load=300 kg/sq m).

3 Likes

I wish you could do that: In this winter we hadn’t any snow at all (the few flakes melted instantly as they touched the ground). According to our weather forecast girl in our TV you in the US had this winter the whole snow that felt down on earth this winter. :slight_smile:

Oh, that’s very high - our highest values in the last few days were around 10 degrees - in the sun.

Isn’t the heat and the toxic composition of the ashes also a big problem? For example don’t you fear that your house could burn down?

I know this probably isn´t. But that´s how I speak when I´m drunk. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Yes, I love springtime. May is known here as “The paradise month” ('o mese 'e paraviso) :slight_smile:

I admire your thoughtfulness. There are complex previsions about the risk. I don’t want to bother the forumers, so I’ll just say that they are based on studies of geophysics and vulcanology, that are compared with a long list of reliable descriptions of observed eruptions that dates back from 1631 (not to mention that one observed by Plinius in 79 AD in his letters to Tacitus.) There are also geological studies of terrains that help us to know (through stratigraphy) the effects of the eruptions of the past.
Two areas have been defined, a red zone (to be completely evacuated) and a yellow zone (to be monitored), in the case of an awaited sub-Plinian eruption (a column of material 10-20 meters above the mouth of the volcano). I’m on the border of the yellow zone (out of it, but still within a curve of probability of 5% relative to a load of volcanic ash of 300 kg/m2); here the only episode since 1631 dates back to 1813 and consisted in ashes, no risks for heat or toxic materials).
Read these for further references: http://www.protezionecivile.gov.it/jcms/en/piano_eme_vesuvio.wp?request_locale=en
http://www.protezionecivile.gov.it/jcms/en/view_dossier.wp?request_locale=en&contentId=DOS51544

1 Like

In germany it is “month of delight” (wonnemonat)

2 Likes

:slightly_smiling_face:

I’ve got this bad habit to build a specification in english by putting a name before another name… I noted that Milan wrote “month of delight” instead, which seemed more correct to me. I really don’t know when it is wrong and when it’s right. Maybe @PiecesOfKate (or @tasse-tee if she likes to talk about her language, or anybody else who knows that) could help me non-native speaker with a definitive answer :stuck_out_tongue: