Live event with Ron Gilbert (In 3 hours!)

It still applies though. Just look at the shape of his face in Tales! :banana:

grafik

1 Like

grafik

grafik

grafik

Really fascinating stuff! With the problem of limited disc space being no issue anymore these days, it kinda makes me wish somebody would reinsert some of that cut stuff into the games. Now THAT would be a good remaster/special edition!

4 Likes

I’m not convinced that would be a good idea. Those animations look stiffer than a cheap Monty Python animation. I guess, the decision to cut those was made before any polishing work were done. Imho, the close ups in Monkey Island 1 are much more beautiful, even though they don’t have any talking animation.

2 Likes

Matter of opinion, I guess. I love the googly eyes that LeChuck does once in a while. I think it´s well in line with the close ups that actually made it into the finished game (the campfire intro, Phatt Island with the meta pipe glitch etc).

And I definitely would want to have the path to the cannibal village in the first game, even if it´s redundant. I think it builds up mood!

2 Likes

Here’s the event, as it now is public:

4 Likes

It begins at 2h 57m 40s.
Thanks to Franco Cifaldi, who streamed this milestone video from his home country.

1 Like