Monkey Island 3A

1 Like

This stuff only needed a link to the source:
https://talesofmi.net/?p=1480

3 Likes

WOW, that’s a lot of researching! Congratulations!

Warning: some spoilers for those who never played Secret of Monkey Island (and some sequels).
Then again, if you haven’t… you are not going to keep reading all of it anyway…

https://www.facebook.com/media/set?set=a.10157333546747010&type=3&sfns=mo

I’m not even sure I am going to at this point; it’s seemingly eternal. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

There is a nice reverberation to the baker in Zak at one point, appearing from a window overhead.

Warning if you do ever spend 30 minutes reading all of it… it is unfinished!

I saw. :slight_smile:

Edit: and done. Not sure I would recommend reading the whole thing but it had its moments.

Man, I was hoping to see one of my old games in this thread, but no dice…back in the day I created a handful of Klick N Play games based on Monkey Island. Two of them were platformers starring Guybrush, but I don’t remember those very much. If any of you remember “Melee Island Productions,” that was me :slight_smile:

What I do remember is “Murray’s Undead Army - The Game,” which actually isn’t far off from the Murray game listed above in terms of gameplay. The only remnant I can find of it online is this page with a defunct link: http://members.tripod.com/~the_marek/game.html

1 Like

Oh my gosh you guys are right, this needs a seperate thread (or we can use this existing one)

Hello, i started to play again with Monkey Island games and i remember how i liked the 2 first games so i bought all of them.

I won’t disown Monkey Island 3,4 and 5, specially 3 but yeah, the atmosphere and stuff is the best in MI 1 & 2, i think it started to be too friendly and cartoonish at 3, specially with the love story of Guybrush and Elaine who go far too much in MI 4 i think, didnt play MI 5 yet (Tales).

I would like a game who use the atmosphere of MI 1 & 2, im continuing to play MI 4, there is some good ideas and puzzle, just decent but moving with gamepad style is weird because it was made for console too i guess? But the atmosphere is weird sometimes…love story “darling, my love, darling” xD
and some other things…

I think about MI 4,5 and 6 as an alternate universe, like some people said, it’s always cool to have Monkey Island games, if there was a MI 3a, i could think this one as the official for the story, the other more for the fun.
I will check the fangames who were posted, amazing to see that!

Sorry, i use it a bit to intro me in the forum.
I had a question, if Mr. Ron can buy the copyrights of Monkey Island and make MI 3a, will there be some other games or MI 3a should be the last game?
I would like to see more stuff with this atmosphere made by him! (and his team)

When i think about the end of Monkey Island 2, it reminds me how Le Chuck is really a badass and a very dangerous pirate (the most for me), the end was so creepy and cool :smiley:
In MI4, Le Chuck wants just Elaine and get an ally who don’t like pirate, i don’t know how this will end but i hope it’s not just about that, not really epic when you imagine what he did in the 2 first games…

I read He didn’t want just a license, that’s understable but it’s complicate in that case since Disney is a huge company…apparently, Disney is remaking Lucasfilms games?.. Could he ask to them if there is any possibility to work with the group?
That’s so annoying when a good IP is forgotten because of some company who buy another company and doesnt care about 90% of their real stuff :confused:

I suppose we can support Ron by buying Thimbleweed Park for it? I will buy it in some times, have to finish some Point&Click first (restarted to play this game type :slight_smile:

Sorry for my english in case, i’m french.

4 Likes

Dang, this was some time ago… on this member list many have 7-digit ICQ numbers!

1 Like

just in case you havent seen this:

7 Likes

Interesting! Where is it from? Are some of those Steve Purcell’s drawings??

1 Like

it supposed to me animated film… under Disney studio

Definitely they are!

Look at the signature down here.

The screenplay pages say “Industrial Light & Magic, 2000”

5 Likes

Oh my gawd it looks like the complete development plan way back in the year 2000± (unless this is an updated 2019 version) Yeah… This was supposed to be an animated MI, then realized it could be something bigger, thus, making it into a live action… THUS… Caribbean… Pirates of the Caribbean… So yeah. (The Curse of Monkey Island (film) | Monkey Island Wiki | Fandom)

3 Likes

Some part of me hates the idea of MI as a huge movie franchise. Imagine how many shitty, non-adventure games we would get. Escape would look like a masterpiece all of a sudden.

3 Likes

I would like this kind of stuff but i’m not fan of disney/pixar crazy animations in the expressions of the characters… like a lot of old awesome series, it has to be really well made in the spirit of the games and it happens rarely :confused:
Well, apparently, it’s just old and canceled right?
Story in Monkey Island is special too, possible to make it a movie i guess, but as usual, if it’s not made with the passion’ …

If Mr. Ron Gilbert could work on a movie with the right team, imagine the atmosphere with broken boats used to be like houses, bar and hotel, like in MI2 with pirates who are mad at you. It could be the right stuff :slight_smile:
Also, without the nice stuff of animated movie of Disney nowadays, like, it could be too much “sanitized” (not sure if it’s the right word, but you see).

…they need to hire kickass people to save this resurrection, but if there is a asshole manager, its down road.

1 Like

Yep, I’m an old fart haha