Monkey Island 3A

They’ve also confirmed that they won’t be producing Star Wars games, so who knows what they are planning with this. Hopefully they’ve seen the potential for point and click games with niche games like Thimbleweed Park and Kentucky Route Zero doing pretty well. I believe with heavy marketing, games like this could do really well in the modern era, with The Walking Dead games being a perfect example of modern audiences fatigue with intense Call Of Duty and Fortnite clones, preferring a narrative, puzzle/choice-based experience.

Of course I know this is very unlikely, but it will be nice to see the name LucasFilm in the gaming world again regardless

1 Like

They wont do anything big budget-wise, they rather share license with other corporation instead of spending their own money…I still don’t believe they will make any adventure games internally.
Its gonna be cheap looking ducktales, micky-mouse, card games, ios crap etc.

I guess they’re called Lucasfilm Games because they will manage the Lucasfilm IP (Star Wars, Indiana Jones mainly) as far as games go.
That way, the link with Lucasfilm Ltd. (owning the movie IPs) is also more clear.
Looking to the past, I wonder why they changed the name to Lucasarts - especially at a time when they started making Star Wars games, which wasn’t possible license-wise in the years before.

That, and to kill any hopes for an adventure games revival that might be associated with the Lucasarts brand.

1 Like

Apparently these are the favorite games of the man who has the largest big box collection in the world.

3 Likes

They didn’t exactly changed the name. They used both alongside each other for a while. They likely were two individual subdivisions of LucasFilm. This is evident in the first two Monkey Island games, as those have both names in their credits, albeit only one opening logo each.

LucasArts Entertainment Company was formed to include the Games group, Industrial Light & Magic and Skywalker Sound. Later ILM and Skywalker Sound were consolidated in Lucas Digital, leaving the Games group as the sole company in LucasArts.

5 Likes