Monkey Island...7?

3 Likes

I failed. But none of it was ever in my power anyway, so meh.

TOMI was MI6 confirmed.

Jake Rodkin was co-project leader of Tales of Monkey Island.

Return to Monkey Island closed, for me, a circle that doesnā€™t need to be reopened.

Itā€™s not that adding new games to the franchise would be ā€œwrongā€, itā€™s that I associate the current state of things to what the authors of ā€œBack to the Futureā€ have said for years: new movies are simply not needed.

Everyone can take the Monkey Island characters and put them in yet another ā€œDefeat the villain, get the girlā€ story, but I already had a lot of those stories and I would like to accept RtMI as a full stop instead of an ellipsis.

5 Likes

Yes, it depends.
In my opinion, EMI for example was a kind of a sequel which, I guess, most fans were not very happy with. But, if the dev team has a good concept for it, a new sequel would be great, of course, regardless of how RtMI ends.

1 Like

RtMI is the fastest selling game in the series -

I doubt that Disney can resist those sweet, sweet sequel dollars, so it should make another MI more likely.

1 Like

If itā€™s Rex art again, Iā€™m mobilizing for war. :stuck_out_tongue:

(Nah, Iā€™ll probably just fade away. So no skin off their teeth.)

2 Likes

Iā€™m pretty sure you got that phrase wrong, skin doesnā€™t make any sense at allā€¦ :slight_smile:

Apparently the idiom is from the U.S., a sort of blending of ā€œno skin off my back/noseā€ with the Biblical-like ā€œskin of my teethā€. :crazy_face:

So google tells me. No skin off my teeth - Idioms by The Free Dictionary

No no, Iā€™m still not convinced. ā€œThe shin of their teethā€ makes so much more sense.

2 Likes

Silly not having thought about it before, but better late than never.

1 Like

We could also get a movie or a TV series out of it instead of a new game :smiley:

1 Like

Pirates of the Caribbean: Monkey Island

Washed-up and forgotten, Captain Jack Sparrow learns about a mythical island with a long-lost secret. He is pursued by his rival Hector Barbossa, who now shapeshifts between ghost, zombie, and demon forms.

What is the secret of Monkey Island? And why have all the monkeys in the Caribbean been disappearing, to travel here?

2 Likes

Every character could get their own show, ā€œLegally Stanā€ a legal drama, ā€œHouse of Toothrotā€ about the machinations of rival families in the tri-island area, etc.

2 Likes

9 Likes

Shouldnā€™t it be called Return to Pirates of the Caribbean? And we all know who they better let return!
Costs will be at least 300 million dollars plus one and 1 million alpacas plus one.
But thatā€™s going to be worth it.

1 Like

On Mastodon, Ron just said, ā€œFun Fact: I donā€™t give a sh-t what Taylor Swift does.ā€ and then followed it up by saying:

So he still wants to buy/own MI?
I thought he only originally wanted to do this so he could make the third part of his trilogy, and he already did that.

1 Like

I guess he still would like to own the IP and create even more MI games, but, since Disney has made clear that they would never sell the IP, this statement seems to be a joke or a day dream.

1 Like