Netflix (and other VOD) recommendations

Can I just mention that the cuteness of Julia Garner in an elven costume alone is worth it?

Thanks for attention.

2 Likes

Have you seen it all yet?

Long ago, must have forgotten to mention it.

1 Like

Oh, I thought your earlier references were because you’d just started watching it. Have to compare notes at some point :slightly_smiling_face: maybe when Yrface finishes.

I may have made a “living inside each other´s brains” reference when I was early in. But I don´t think I mentioned it until now.

Ah yeah, that’s what I was thinking of :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Just put The Kominsky Method on my watchlist. It´s relatively short and has all those great old actors, shouldn´t be too bad.

Cool. I was wondering about that… just heard a podcast with Michael Douglas talking about it. And Alan Arkin is always funny in that old cantankerous way.

Michael Douglas was a blast on Colbert the other day. And seems his old friend Danny DeVito will make an appearence, too!

1 Like

The Trust

I saw this by accident and had a good time.

Finally some news again.

Black Mirror promises something new on december 29th.
American Gods returns March 11th!

1 Like

I just went through the first season of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.

That’s a nice little TV series.

Her character is really “marvelous”. The actress is sweet and clever. She has the guts, she has charisma. She’s sexy, and so sweetly and perfectly middle-upper-class-jew-young lady. The depiction of the jew clichées and ticks is really insightful. Making her a female Woody Allen character would have been such and easy mistake. But the authors didn’t make it.
The only negative sides: the story isn’t so much original. It’s the story of an offbeat-nonconformist-ahead-of-her-times young lady who succedes in pursuing her dream in spite of everything and everybody. It works, obviously, but it has been seen yet.
And, the dialogues are too much contemporary, in my opinion, for a story set in the fifties.

But it worths your time, you’ll thank me later.

At the moment it looks like Black Mirror: Bandersnatch is really gonna be that multiple choice experiment that was talked about a while back.

So who´s gonna watch that along with me to compare decisions and results afterwards? :slight_smile:

I can’t find out when it’s on :thinking: but will likely watch it.

Edit: ohh, apparently a leak says 28 December :eyes:

Should be the 28th…

Oh, you found it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is that confirmed though? I almost couldn’t find it on Netflix and it just says ‘be right back’, haha.

Don´t think anything is confirmed, but I also see no obvious reason why it should be wrong.

Good that you can search for those early and even add them to your list, so we´ll see if it appears on that date or not. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just watched the entire original run of “Mysterious Cities of Gold” for the nostalgias.
It was a good time.

Confirmed now!

This looks amazing!

That does look good – very intriguing. I’m slightly worried that it might involve making quick decisions on the spot but we’ll see!

A good cast, too.