Rant/appreciation thread about the latest TWP update

We just finished the layout for the physical manual in the box, and we added most of them. Real adventure gamers have the physical box. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Amen! :thumbsup:

(Well, not yetā€¦ but soon, right?)

ThatĀ“s the one thing I look forward to the second most! :slight_smile:

When the box will be ready, would you consider to do (and maybe promote on social networks) a give-away contest for registered forum users as you already did in the past for Twitter users? :slight_smile:

Might be a good way to celebrate the release of the physical box and to let new people know the forums.

2 Likes

Not a bad idea. Iā€™d do it as a surprise, so people who are forum regulars have a chance to win, not a bunch of people that sign up just to win a box.

8 Likes

Thatā€™s nice! :slight_smile: I wouldnā€™t underestimate The Wild Bunch: even if they sign up for the box, a few of them might get hooked and stay for the fun or follow the forums by mail.

• tenterhooks *
  • edge of my seat *
  • ants in my pants *
  • various other idioms of anticipation *

Oh boy oh boy oh boy, IĀ“m excited!

Should I win I promise to make a photo (of the box/me holding the box/the box in my hand or whatever), which is something I normally would never do. So I hope, IĀ“ll win and also that I wonĀ“t.:upside_down:

Sorry to bump an old thread. I am playing through the game for the second time (Iā€™m in act seven), but it is my first time since the first weeks of the gameā€™s release. So all of the updates mentioned here are new to me.

I wanted to say how well integrated the lead characters talking to each other is. This was never something that bothered me, as the omniscient nature of playing the game means that characters must somehow share information and I always imagine it is in some offscreen fashion. However, now that I see the characters chatting with each other, I love it. At some point in every part I get all four lead characters together and I go through all the different combinations. It is something I look forward to with each part and genuinely adds to the characters, such as reinforcing everyoneā€™s feeling about Willyā€™s guilt or innocence or Ransomeā€™s frustration with losing the lookalike contest. Very happy you got the team back to record these dialogues!

The hint system is great. Iā€™ve had to use it about four times after scouring town for a couple hours, and in all cases they were things that I was never going to figure out (yes I played the game 3 years ago but my memory is shot).

In the arcade I only really enjoy one of the games, but I wasnā€™t too concerned with the arcade anyway. I donā€™t play many video games and when I do Iā€™m more into adventure game-style stuff, and that wasnā€™t going to be in an arcade.

Iā€™m now entering the factory and I am very happy to se that some hotspots have been added. I didnā€™t create a lot of threads on this board way-back-when, but I did create one about that issue, so was very happy to see the updates.

Thank you for the Delores mini-game, as I thought it was so much fun that I was itching to jump back into the game again for more.

2 Likes

Yes, they more or less addressed every single ā€œissueā€ which surfaced after release!

You should play Day of the Tentacle. It has the best in-game game :slight_smile:

1 Like