Ron declares he is working on a new Monkey Island

I think that, in theory, it would make sense to create multiple, more specific, topics and trying to stay on topic. In practice, I don’t know if we are interested enough to do it, especially considering that some people will just avoid the whole forum to avoid spoilers.

I am trying to figure out if it is possible to find a combination of different sites/services that will allow me to both enjoy the game and chat about non-gameplay topics in a spoiler-free way.

Could set up a small message board with just yourself and several AI participants and instruct them to not give out any spoilers.

6 Likes

I already tried that but they started mocking me.

3 Likes

I suppose you can’t ask the AI to make up an adventure game and let you play it via text commands? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That already exists and I tried it, but at least the first version wasn’t very good in my opinion. Now they have expanded it into a “create your own text adventure game”, but I’ve not tried it:

4 Likes

What am I supposed to do, if I’m already dead at the beginning?

I hope the AI understands me when I complain that design was bad and susceptible to accidental puzzle solving.

4 Likes

Have you tried to stand up anyway? Maybe you are a zombie detective?

3 Likes

Maybe you have become a ghost and you have to find a way to seek revenge from the afterlife.

I’ve not tried this new version because it seems that the developers have complicated the interface a lot. The previous version used a simple text area. For its simplicity, it wasn’t bad.

Sometime I don’t understand people talking about UI issues.

1 Like

Seems like a pretty standard Sierra game.

6 Likes

It’s still a text area. You can ignore the other icons.

2 Likes

No, wait! I typed “resurrect myself” and I’m back in the game!

5 Likes

:sparkles: :trophy: :sparkles:

3 Likes

I would have liked a zombie detective much more…

2 Likes

No problem, I’ll kill myself once again!

1 Like

4 Likes

Don’t forget about the case, Max!

1 Like

Ok, I don’t want to hijack the thread, but I have a feeling I don’t need Monkey Island anymore :slight_smile:

Make a new thread, please.

Coo. That’s quite the line up! So many titans of adventure game gods.

1 Like