Ron declares he is working on a new Monkey Island

Oh, I believe Ron (and I) don’t care about that.
I will be happy even if I play the game without having seen anything before.
I’m sorry for those who complains for every Ron’s body hair…

So… my hypothesis is that since in this new game Herman Toothrot is no more Elaine’s grandfather, the game might show other old scenarios, for example Guybrush and Elaine not being married.

1 Like

Right, and it will end with Guybrush and Elain married, and during the Honeymoon, Guybrush escaped from the amusement park on a bumper car… … … in a distant ocean, far, far away…
immagine

:neutral_face:

5 Likes

Though think how much typing we’ll all have to do on here once the game is out and the secret is revealed.
Best to use this time to get your fingers in good shape, etc.

6 Likes

Aren’t you missing a half-page ad for Stan’s newest venture?

Though I guess that could already count as news in these circles :slight_smile:.

1 Like

I wonder how many other decisions came from Disney’s side as well. I hope, they don’t prevent a Linux release. Or force DRM on us. Only playable with a subscription to their streaming service, perhaps.

2 Likes

:point_up: This.

Why not? They have a marketing division. Some guys there found out that the logo in the current way is better due to several reasons which only they understand.

How things should work: the Company has collected historical and recent data about performances and users’ appreciation of several logos and has chosen the one that better fits their marketing goals.

How things work: some executive at the top of the food chain liked the old logo more.

4 Likes

Is this the logo you guys are talking about?
immagine

It’s more rounded and cartoonish. It doesn’t match very well with the vector style of RtMI…

No. Just the head of the marketing department. :wink: If he/she says: That logo is the best then the top guys will just nod.

1 Like

Yes, that one. I like it because it reminds me of the consumed paper of old maps.

1 Like

Funny, it reminded me of palm leaves , not old paper .

Jokes apart, the reason why I was surprised is that my understanding of the Ron-Disney relationship is that Disney gave to Ron a lot of artistic and creative freedom; if not for most of things, at least for the aspects related to the art style.

So I didn’t expect Disney having something to said about an asset (the logo) that contributes to the art style of the game.

3 Likes

Twist: Guybrush’s final look was drawn by Disney top executive.

1 Like

6 Likes

I’ll take it!

1 Like

Somebody tried to imagine how a vector-based Guybrush drawn by Rex could look like:

6 Likes

immagine

6 Likes

“Deep in the Colorado, Fairplay island.”

1 Like