Ron declares he is working on a new Monkey Island

2 Likes

That’s a crazy drop. I wonder how much of their low sales is a result of the “games as a service” business model becoming so much bigger every year. I know I’m personally less inclined to buy new games since Xbox Game Pass has so much good content. Even though I mainly play Slay the Spire… which I outright own on at least Android. Not much of a phone gamer.

I don’t know well this company. Could that kind of drop negatively affect the publishing of the games?

Well, obviously if the downward trend continues, they’ll eventually go out of business but given that the game releases relatively soon, any continual poor sales won’t affect the release of Return to Monkey Island, so don’t worry about that.

1 Like

I dream that RtMI reverses the company trend :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I doubt it’s all that much of a trend anyway, just means covid is over and the weather is nice

FVOy51YUUAIKKpM
“Source”

4 Likes

What makes you think I will use a hint system?

I’m sure you won’t :slight_smile: but the question was who would prefer “easy mode” to “hard mode+hint system”

Devolver Digital kindly remind us that they have a lot of information to share and that we will not get it today:

4 Likes

Can’t wait to show more

But you can’t, because … doctor’s orders.

1 Like

I hate to be pedantic (if that is even the right word in this scenario) but I often dislike the phrase “I can’t wait.” I realize it is just a phrase used to mean that you are excited about something but my brain is like “if you cannot wait, and you have the power to do something now but aren’t, then you certainly CAN wait, can’t you?”

1 Like

Maybe Devolver really wants to show us more, but Ron has gone full Gollum and doesn’t want anybody to see the game anymore…

2 Likes

It’s probably tough to show that much more without it being a bit of a spoiler.

immagine

3 Likes

I don’t know whether it’s a marketing strategy, but they sure keep the hype up.

I doubt any of us will be like “yeah I haven’t gotten any new screenshots in months so I lost interest” :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I admit I’m going dangerously into that mood…

2 Likes

This answer made me realize that they have abandoned the style of “Tales” logo (which I liked):

I wonder why Disney took this decision. :thinking:

2 Likes

While I’m not losing interest, for sure I’m running out of topics to discuss…

In my opinion, the fan buzz is decreasing and not just in this forum.

1 Like

Also, the sooner they show the new graphics, the more people have time to digest it, and the less they will complain about it when the game is out…

1 Like