Sierra Mansion Mansion

I can´t help it, seeing the inside pictures reminds me of a US TV Show.
I can´even say why. But when I saw he pictures this Show and the orange robot came suddenly to my mind. I haven´t thought about it at least 30 years…

In Germany it was called “Trio mit vier Fäusten”, according to Wikipedia the original titel was Riptide.
1983–1986
I watched it sometimes as kid.

And yes I think this doesn´t make sense.

2 Likes

Same here! :smiley: But I hadn’t a particular show in mind.

This is one of the rare cases where I like the German title more than the original one. :wink:

3 Likes

@tlammert That’s understandable. I’ve been in a pretty large & fancy American house (built in the previous decade, not the '80s) and in general principle it’s quite similar to what’s depicted here even if it didn’t have a giant lodge room. A regular suburban home likewise shares many similarities but it might not have a kitchen island for example. There’s a distinct Americanness to the washer & dryer setup, the way the kitchen & bathroom are laid out, the specifics of that recreational bar thing…

These properties look less American even if they fundamentally offer the same functionality. Perhaps as a German you’ll remark how Dutch they look.

2 Likes

Well, to me as a German they look more like buildings from the German coast (North Sea / Baltic Sea) – even with the windmill.

1 Like

If the mansion is anything like their games, there will be a lot of dead ends and death traps!

4 Likes

Oh no, you rang the doorbell which was connected to a live wire. You sure know how to light up the place!
Load Restart Quit

5 Likes

That would be in a perfect Sierra game style.

1 Like

I just happened to watch a let’s play of Stair Quest, a playful jab at the Sierra games. The death count from falling of the stairs got quite high :grin:

4 Likes

You can grab the game here, btw:

2 Likes

I wouldn’t want to really live there, but I’d rent it for a week or so!
Btw. it got cheaper…

Sorry for not checking back with this thread for a long time, I got quite busy back then…

A couple of days ago I saw a Tweet which reminded me of this thread though.
Somebody sells his house full of weird stuff!

… (follow Twitter link for more)

Here’s the actual listing with all pictures:
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/480-Rainier-Dr-Pittsburgh-PA-15239/11262049_zpid/

And thanks to his granddaughter we can have a quick tour (yeah, it’s portrait orientation).

4 Likes