SpaceVenture game

Though the good thing is they do seem to come through with the goods in the end, eg. the art work

1 Like

Via the facebooks…

1 Like

I don’t know who she is, but they have Pinky and they have The Brain.

2 Likes

The recording clip they posted of Rob Paulsen is hilariously good, I don’t know how to embed here, but it’s on their facebook page… he’s playing both a meal from Taco Nova and a customer wishing to buy the meal…

What, Maurice LaMarche is also in there?

1 Like

I wonder if the short recording time is down to getting such seasoned pros in…

Like even though they cost more, maybe because they can nail everything so quickly it ends up costing less in studio time, etc.

I remember them saying that when they used to have Gary Owens do the narration, he’d come in and nail everything first go without ever having read the script before…

Also they can do multiple characters, sometimes back-and-forth in the same take…

Ron basically said the same about the TwP voice actors and that was because they are pros and not big name guys. Except Ian Corlett of course.

1 Like

Is it completely off topic to post this?

1 Like

As long as we make it back on topic within 100 posts I think that’s fine

2 Likes

Anyway, they also do multiple voices. :wink:

Which reminds me, I haven’t watched Sunday’s episode of Ducktales yet.

1 Like

They just posted up some GLaDOS voice recording, amazing to see so much happening so quickly

1 Like

Back on topic (well at least it’s about an adventure game, even a point’n’click one!):

1 Like

wow, let’s just :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:
too many updates on record that ended up nowhere.

2 Likes

Yeah, the recordings are a great sign on several fronts…

It means they didn’t run out of money if they’re able to spend it on studios and all this top-notch voice talent…
It also means the script/plot, etc. must already be locked down and finished…

Finally got round to listening to these.

“Deep fry me to perrrrfect perfection.” :joy:

1 Like

I like that they’re basically just making another Space Quest game with updated graphics and a slightly different name… it also fits in well with their whole parody thing, like they’re now able to reference SQ as another sci-fi franchise.

1 Like

Another meaty update where we can hear some voice overs:
Kickstarter update #118 - The VO of SpaceVenture - Part 1

The narrator sounds great!

3 Likes

Saw that this morning but haven’t watched the videos yet :slight_smile:

Sad about Scott Murphy – poor guy has had some pretty bad luck.

Edit: haha, Mervin Spleen’s voice is great.

1 Like

Sounds great so far!
Ace’s voice reminds me of Mike from Breaking Bad, I like the direction they’ve gone with it…
Also great to hear the narrator and them sticking to the classic formula there.

Crazy to hear about Scott Murphy, hope he’s ok now…

1 Like

Yeah, I wasn’t sure at first, just because it’s not massively clear. But the slur does add character.