How you doin’?
:two_hearts:

2 Likes

Why is this a thing. O_o

2 Likes

But only if he is a babelfish.

3 Likes

I started a new thread for you:

Good idea not to mix our war stories with spalmon.

5 Likes

I would, given the choice of those two. But I’d rather have something more like the first one (i.e. unprocessed fish) if I was having a proper dinner, whether out at a restaurant or cooking it at home. I would just want it filleted as opposed to left intact.

But I do love fish fingers in a sandwich for lunch.

1 Like

Really? Huh, that’s so weird. :stuck_out_tongue:

No problem, then, if you order it in Italy. You can always ask rhe waiter to do it for you, but in the most of cases the waiter will ask himself if you’d like him to do it.

2 Likes

Obviously you never ate quails or pigeons. That’s an unfair job.

4 Likes

Same here.

Now that I think of it… QUAILS!

That’s a perfect food for this thread. Quite strange, I guess, and really delicious!

The classical recipe is a risotto…

You can’t find this everywhere in Italy. It’s typical of Lombardy, but actually you can be sure to find it only if you go in a traditional Trattoria in Milan.

It’s a traditional home recipe, in my kitchen routine we do it once or twice a year.
The meat of the quail is very tender, not as white as chicken and not as red as pigeon. It has a subtle flavour, and with risotto is really great. In restaurants it is served like in the first pic, but if you’re guest at somebody’s home, you’ll have to be patient and work a little, since it generally comes like this:

3 Likes

4 Likes

I’m trying to figure out how you could do something similar with a quail, but I really don’t…

oh, wait.

Errrr… :flushed:

4 Likes

…and you’ll need some practice, too:

2 Likes

Birdy-nam-nam! :laughing:

:scream:

:ray: You monster!

:ransome: I guess the signals weren’t strong enough…

1 Like

For the records: I don’t think so, but it seems to be a similar meat byproduct…

1 Like

In germany it´s called “Frühstücksfleisch”.

1 Like

Thinking long and hard, I’d like to add a regional speciality to the list:

It’s something my grandma used to serve occasionally, but I mostly forgot about it until fairly recently. It’s very simple to prepare, as long as you manage to get your hands on some good coarse bratwurst.