The drinks thread

I’ve been thinking about starting this thread since some recent chat about beer.

So post all your drink-related memories, discoveries and musings here.

I just made myself a ‘fake’ cream soda like we used to do as kids - it’s basically a dollop of ice cream in lemonade. Modest, but tasty.

5 Likes

Oooo, I’ll give that a go! I tried cream soda for the first time a few months ago (the one made by Soda Folk), and I fell in love with it.

Recently I had a mocktail that tasted like rhubarb and custard sweets :two_hearts:

And one time at a Japanese restaurant, I tried a grape-flavoured Ramune. I found the mystery of the marble inside more interesting than the taste of the drink :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s really nice, but I find it does depend what brand you buy (some are cheap and crappy). Haven’t heard of Soda Folks, so I looked it up – the cans are hilarious :smile:

Oh yeah, I’ve heard of those! Apparently it’s a bit of a knack to stop the marble blocking the drink.

1 Like

For me it wasn’t a problem, because there was a straw inside.

1 Like

Me, I’m partial to Log Lady Lager :wink:

Great idea for a thread. I thought about posting my Hamlet parody of ‘To beer or not to beer’ earlier, but… don’t want to come across as the biggest drunk in the forum. :bearded_person:

2 Likes

See? That’s how you distinguish a point & click fan from the rest, people!

3 Likes

Wow!

1. Is that actually a thing?
  2. Where can I get it?

I’m a sucker for virgin mojitos.
Though I had some real ones too… but well, I like the non-rum versions better.

1 Like

It was actually a thing at a promotional David Lynch Foundation thing a couple weeks ago. Not sure if they mass produce them, though. They really should!

They also had “Damn Good Coffee Stout”…

It’s only 2:30pm here, so I’m just drinking plain old A&W Root Beet at the moment. :slight_smile:

1 Like

:vampire: So you’re a sucker for virgins, are you? :thinking:

1 Like

:roll_eyes: :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

I really like the virgin pina coladas they do at my local Turkish restaurant. If I was on the beach I’d want a boozy one, though.

:no_mouth:
:notes: :smirk:
@milanfahrnholz this is all your fault

1 Like

Let me get that one out of your head: LIKE THIS :musical_note: (<- not bad either!)

C-O-L-A cola!! :musical_note:

1 Like

:musical_note: Well, we drank champagne and danced all night

1 Like

I´ll have one Bathory, neither shaken nor stirred…if you know what I mean.

Wow that was three months ago, I didn´t even remember that.

1 Like

Right on!

1 Like

For those wondering… like this!

1 Like

That’s normal at your age. :smirk:

1 Like

3 Likes