Strange food you should really give a try

That is so weird! I’ve never seen any of these. I can see why they thought it was worth a punt, mind you. Plus cola Hubba Bubba was (is?) quite nice.

Gross.

1 Like

Cola is the most used softdrink flavour for anything, though. Gum, candy, ice. It works with (almost) everything.

1 Like

Yes, Cola is King. There are some states where people say “coke” as the generic term for soda/pop.

I can see that. Like people here saying Corn Flakes for all breakfast cereal.

1 Like

Yeah, I think I’ve heard that. Though to me Cheerios seem like the most common now.

1 Like

So, savoiardi are called ladyfingers… how poetic

1 Like

So does the italian word refer to hotel where it was invented? Kind of like Cesar´s Salad refering to Cesar´s Palace but with Ladyfingers being invented in the kitchen of a Savoy Hotel?

Savoy is the italian Royal Family… I think their name is due to the fact they were designed for them by a royal chef…

EDIT: I checked. Pretty close. They were invented by a Savoy royal chef, but not for the Savoy Family, but in honour of a visit from the King of France.

4 Likes

Ok, who wants some?

Reminds me of Willy Wonka

3 Likes

Meeeeeeeeee! :yum: :chocolate_bar:

1 Like

Ooh. Did you buy it? Can I see inside?

No I didn’t (yet). This picture was taken back home just before leaving for vacations, so I can get them all year round.

Ah okay. I only would’ve dribbled like a madwoman anyway :drooling_face:

Discourse just told me I have 126 new alerts. Somehow I think that might be inaccurate.

Whaaaaa?!

I think my app notifications may be playing up a tad. Your comment just made it 127. Let’s see how high it goes!

1 Like

Challenge accepted! :point_right: :point_right:

1 Like

128, power of 2!

1 Like

Hehehe…

grafik

Let’s see how many bits this app can handle.

Btw, whadayamean “app”. Is there a dedicated Discourse app? Or just your browser?

And your response with meme was also lightning fast!