Strange food you should really give a try

Here in Germany it’s very common. :slight_smile: And I like the dark chocolate from Lindt (but it’s not my absolutely favorite at the moment).

2 Likes

Something inside me made me resist correcting him. Must be my tiny little devil or something.

1 Like

I absolutely love that stuff! You can buy it ready-made here, as a posh treat.

That’s true. They tend to ask quite wide-ranging questions.

Get QuizUp and practise on there! Disclaimer: may significantly reduce productivity.

2 Likes

What is your favourite dark chocolate? What are the best chocolates from Switzerland in your opinion?
Maybe we should also ask @cvalenti eheheh…

1 Like

Is it actually heresy to chocolate afficionados when you prefer white chocolate? Because I do and I ate a white duplo just now.

When I was a kid, I loved to eat a croissant with white chocolate at a croissanterie (does it exist as a word in both english and french? We used to call it “cornetteria”) near school.
When it comes to white chocolate, I prefer when the high delivery of sweetness dilutes into the pastry.

1 Like

Actually I don’t have a favorite chocolate. It depends heavily on the my current mood, the season and the occasion. In addition I also like to try different (new) chocolates. At the moment I like Hachez, Feodora (not Fedora :slight_smile: ), Lindt and Rausch. I also liked the chocolate sold by Tchibo. And we have here a small local chocolate manufacturer. :slight_smile:

Regarding Switzerland I would name the “big” companies Lindt and Toblerone (Ok, Ok, Toblerone is not dark chocolate :slight_smile: ). But I haven’t tried all brands. Can you recomment one?

1 Like

#quickly secures patent for a Fedora-shaped Feodora#

I’m really liking the dark chocolate Lindt Lindor (called Extra Dark for some reason – I didn’t think there was a Dark) at the moment, though I’ve been told it has one of the highest sugar contents :neutral_face:

1 Like

That was the reason why I asked you, Switzerland is renowned for its chocolate, but I don’t know other producers from that country than the above cited, Milka and Lindt.
Probably also Toblerone, but I never tried it.

Step by step we will eventually get where do you come from…

Also here there are some little producers, like Gay-Odin (don’t ask me why it is called that way :stuck_out_tongue: that dates back from early '900)
I like a lot a chocolate they produce, they call it “Forest” 'cause it’s like a tree trunk
Foresta
(well actually it’s more like a crystallized bamboo lath).

2 Likes

That looks suspiciously like a Cadbury’s Flake to me :thinking:

1 Like

What is your suspect? :slight_smile:

Actually that’s not a cake, it’s a small piece of solid chocolate. It’s the same from Cadbury?

One general “problem” with recommendations is, that every person I know likes other chocolate brands and varieties. For example a relative don’t like dark chocolate at all.

The German Wikipedia page lists some companies:

Never! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Looks very interesting. But they don’t ship to other countries? :frowning:

(Hm… I’ve seen this “Forrest” chocolate somewhere before - but where … :thinking:)

Yeah. I thought everywhere had them.

cadbury-flake-32g

2 Likes

I´m not to keen on it either. Except when it´s a cover for marzipan.

We´ll just to have tort…I mean ask @tasse-tee, then…

2 Likes

Ah, after this weird English breakfast we now get to the real foods. :wink: Which kind of marzipan do you prefer?

I’m confident that she won’t talk. :wink:

The marzipan kind. No, what sorts you mean?

1 Like

Mine is Lindt 70%

1 Like

Pure marzipan, with (dark) chocolate, flavored ones (marzipan with pineapple, espresso, plums, orange, rum …) Königsberg marzipan, Marzipankartoffel, … have a look at the Niederegger shop.

The only ones I believe I never had are the flavoured ones. But I really like the Kartoffel. For some reason I managed to get some at most major events I attended (like in the Olympiahalle in Munich).

1 Like