Suggestions for free fireplace videos

I know that this is an odd question, but I need some help. :slight_smile: For a project I need the video of a fireplace. Like this:

The video should run in the background on a TV (just for a nice ambience). The video has the advantage that we don’t need to make a real fire :slight_smile: .

On YouTube there are uncountable fireplace videos. Has anyone ever used one of these? And does someone coincidentally know if there is a fireplace video that is free to use (maybe licensed under a Creative Commons License)? Until now I’ve just found copyrighted videos.

(btw: No, I can’t use a video of the TWP fireplace :wink: )

1 Like

Just in case it’s an option you haven’t considered - there used to be a channel on Sky that showed the same on a loop. When the coals burnt right down it would start from the beginning again (as we discovered one Christmas when curiousity got the better of us :smile:). But I don’t know if it still exists or if you have an equivalent channel.

3 Likes

Sadly no. (Beside that I doubt that we can use these videos :wink: ).

But on the last Christmas (… I gave you my heart … :ear::snake:) the German TV channel Tele5 showed a fireplace for … hm … one or two hours.

2 Likes

Super RTL?

1 Like

Copyrighted material.

btw: Are they still showing the fireplace? And didn’t they have a fish tank? :thinking:

Don´t know about that fish tank. The only current end of broadcast loop I know of at the moment is Bernd das Brot.

1 Like

What happened to the “Sexy Sportclips” on Sport1?

Do you need the crackling fire sound or not?

The video would be enough, but it should run/loop for 2 hours.

I got too old for them, so they don´t see any need to show them anymore.

1 Like

It looks like this one is free to use:

1 Like

Sure? I haven’t found any license information…

Does it need to be wood?

grafik

1 Like

Yes. (And real wood, not Ed Wood.)

How about “not real Ed Wood”?

1 Like

No. Not not real not-real Ed Wood-wood. In the wood. Or something like this.

1 Like

So just how much Ed Wood would suffice?

Six. But only if they have a crackling sound and will burn for 2 hours…

Exactly. If in doubt, I suggest you to ask the author.

Okay so here is real Ed Wood

grafik

Not real Ed Wood

grafik

And something woody…

grafik

grafik

Mhhh seems I´ve run out of wood. Maybe I´ll have some more next morning…

3 Likes